Winter Flying for TEMAC Members

Started by the giant, December 08, 2006, 10:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the giant

TEMAC MEMBERS

Good News!  We have been granted permission to fly behind the Christian Blind Mission (Just across the road from the TEMAC field)
We are also covered by MAAC to fly there in the winter.  That being said, Don't wait until March or April to renew your MAAC.  You must show that you have your maac current.  We want to be responsible guests of the property.  This is not going to cost us anything.  However we may want to take a collection to give to the organization to say thanks.  This is a non profit orgainization that operates by donations.  
This is a good place for us to fly because we can get in off the road to fly.  I think we may have to set up a "makeshift" (a few wooden stakes) flight line to guarantee that we are far enough away from the building.  If anyone is interested in meeting out at the field on Saturday morning, do so at 10 a.m. December 9, 2006.  Bring an airplane if you want.  Let's sort out a few details then.

Happy Flying.

Andre, the giant

slo-poke

Great Andre, Thanks for your efforts. I know this was in the works so I'm glad you were successful.Will flying be restricted only to Saturdays or will we be able to fly there during the week? Will the area be needed for Sunday parishoner parking ?
Thanks again Andre
John

the giant

There is no activity at the CBM on the weekend.  There are no weekend services held at that facility.  So flying on Sunday is also a possibility.  
Please note.  Because there is no priority for weekend snow clearing, it is possible, if it snows heavily on Friday night, that you will not be able to get in easily.  The CBM only requires weekday clearing of snow.  

Andre

Michael

Oh No!

Internal emotional conflict!!!

I want to fly; I hate the cold; I want to fly; I hate the cold; I want to fly; I hate the cold; I want to fly; I hate the cold; I want to fly; I hate the cold; I want to fly; I hate the cold; I want to fly; I hate the cold; I want to fly; I hate the cold;

Michael
Michael