2012 TEMAC Jets Day

Started by Michael, July 22, 2012, 04:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Wow!

I had to leave for personal reasons, but I would estimate that there were at least 50 different electric jet models, and more than 50 flights.

This seemed to me as the most popular event ever held at TEMAC, much more active than any fun fly we have ever held.

The mood was exciting but the pace was casual; the food was fantastic.

10 prizes were awarded and 3 gift certificates were awarded by draw.

For the most part, flights were excellent; people flew safely and very well.
I don't recall any terrible crashes at all.

It was nice to see a lot of new and unusual models as well.

Congratulations to Jack, our Events coordinator, thanks to Simon who awarded prizes, thanks to all the photographers (there were times when there were more photographers at the pilot stations than pilots!) Thanks to Greg and everyone who helped set up and prepare the food.

... and a big WELCOME to new members who just joined.

It was fun!

Hopefully we'll get some photos posted here soon.
Michael

sihinch

Echoing Michael's sentiments - thanks to everyone who came out. It was a fabulous day.  :D

Safe, courteous, and loads of fun! I had a blast, quite literally. Some amazing models, and amazing flying!

Thanks everyone for being a supporter of the day! Can't wait to see the photos.

thehaze

I had a great time! Thanks to the guys who set it all up. I can't wait for Jets day 2013!

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

bfeist

I couldn't believe the turnout. What fun!

Ben

Michael

Here are a couple images of my E-Flite Mig taken by Andy. It's a micro-size jet, weighing about 2 and a half ounces, so it's actually difficult to photograph in the air. Take a close look at one of the photos, which by amazing coincidence, caught a flying insect in the frame as the image was being taken. It gives a good impression of the size of the model.
Michael

Michael

Here's a shot of Simon's BAe Hawk next to mine.
There were 4 models of this plane at the event yesterday, 3 of which were flown at the same time.

Michael

Wingnutz

Had a great time! It was a super day! Thanks organizers!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Ededge2002

Great group shot.  some great looking planes too!  Dissapointed i could not attend even more now
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Michael on July 23, 2012, 08:27:33 AM
Here are a couple images of my E-Flite Mig taken by Andy. It's a micro-size jet, weighing about 2 and a half ounces, so it's actually difficult to photograph in the air. Take a close look at one of the photos, which by amazing coincidence, caught a flying insect in the frame as the image was being taken. It gives a good impression of the size of the model.

Too I bad I missed the insect coming out the back end of Michael's jet !!  I'll have to get some more practice!

Andy

Michael

Photos
Michael

Michael

More photos (from Bobby)
Michael

sihinch

Wow! Awesome shot Bobby, thank you.

Great flying formation with you again, Greg C!  Looks like we're getting better at it!

S

thehaze

Great shots. Are we going to post them on the temac site as well?
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Michael

Jack is learning the administration of the website now; I will start in about 2 weeks.

The main section of the website should start growing in content within a month.

There are many more photos.
Michael

Gregor77

We are getting better and closer... lol!

At least with jets you won't cut my tail again... wink wink!