F'sB FF #3 Saturday August, 18, 2012 5:00pm.

Started by Papa, August 12, 2012, 10:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

Come Float Flying with an eclectic group of flyers from a number of clubs and power systems.

Robert Pike is our inspiration and Pied Piper leading us to the water.

Today I came, I saw and I took off and then I made a submarine.
Little damage but my appetite is whetted, sorry for the pun.
Looking for calm waters next Saturday.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Gregor77

Hail to the Float King!  :D

I was in such a rush to come out, I forgot my adapters, but had a great night watching all the planes!  I am so used to seeing electric planes, it was nice to see some others!     Good group!   Guys don't miss this opportunity to see some float planes in action! 

piker

You guys are crazy!  ;D

So I guess it's official... and I guess I'm committed to next week...  Just remember this float flying site is unofficial and we are likely not covered by MAAC while there.  We just fly carefully and have fun.

So I'll be there, excited and happy to be by the water with some seaplanes and a bunch of guys who are also having fun.

I'll have the support equipment ready to go (retrieval boat).  You just need to bring out a plane or two and enjoy the atmosphere, the cool interaction of water and flying, and the group of guys enjoying an evening by the beach.  Heck, bring along a picnic and have dinner by the Bay.

Here's a google map link to the site starting from Hwy#401 and Whites Road in Pickering (the B tag is exactly where we set-up... on the north side of the road):

Whites Rd/Regional Road 38 to Beachpoint Promenade - Google Maps

See you there!

Robert
416-828-8722

piker

The weather for tomorrow (Saturday August 18th) is looking very good. 

I'm working tomorrow, but I MAY be convinced to cut out early for some late afternoon TEMAC flying (my boss is a super great guy who is a stong supporter of the finer things in life) and then straight to the Bay.

I'll be ready with the boat and my planes for 5:00 at Franchman's Bay.  I plan to try my Great Planes Widgeon this week.  Michael is planing to make it out this time with his micro Super Cub and the rest of his float flying fleet, and I hope the regular bunch can make it out.  It would be great to see some new people too!

And I'm hoping / expecting calm, evening, float flying conditions this week.

I hope to see you there!

Robert

sihinch

I'm going to try and talk my wife in to coming along, with Mum-in-Law!

S

Gregor77

Hey Simon, my mom is coming too!  I have already set up a chair for her and we will bring some snacks with us.  The ladies will love it!  :D

piker

This float flying thing is getting pretty classy!  Sounds like fun.  But you'll have to give me time to manicure the grounds   ;D

sihinch

As long as you're not manicuring your nails!  :D

piker

Michael

Thank you Robert Pike, for organizing this outing.

It was great fun.

Michael

thehaze

It was the first time I've seen this type of flying and it has me convinced that I should have at least one float ready plane in my fleet.

Time to get to work....

Great time.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

battlestu

had a great time!... can't wait for the next one
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

More inspiration......

Thank you Robert & Jack.

piker

Thanks for coming out on Saturday, guys.  Yes, it was a great time for sure.  VERY nice pictures, Simon.

I was even able to finally get the Great Plane Widgeon in the air.  Flew very well.  Landing needs work :-)

I didn't get to use my rescue boat very much this time.  In fact, the only time I used it was to get Keith's boat out of the weeds.

I'm out of town this coming weekend, and the weekend after that is the great TEMAC fun fly,  so we may be out of the water for a couple of weeks.  I'll let you know when another opportunity comes up.  Some time soon for sure!!!

Robert