TEMAC September funfly!

Started by Ededge2002, August 30, 2012, 08:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

TEMAC Electric Funfly 2012, Sunday and Monday! Times 11:30 am until 5:00 pm each day. on Sun, 02 September 2012
in 2 days and 00:25 hours.
Duration: All-day event!

The funfly of the season is here! I already can't wait to see what and who shows! 

Last years funfly was so fun I joined TEMAC and I bet this years will not disappoint.

So what are YOU bringing to the big boys play day?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Michael

Starts 10am.

Hotdogs and potato salad lunch.

It might be a bit windy, so I'm thinking of bringing some heavier and faster planes.

Maybe my Habu 32 too!
Michael

Ededge2002

I know parking is going to be full but is there any chance that a spot at the end could be saved for the club washroom facilities on wheels?

Gregor77

We rented a porto!

But I need a spot for the big rig also!  lol!

thehaze

Wow don't read gregs post too fast! You rented a what? I I thought this was a family event?

:-)

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

bfeist

Looks like I'll be a Monday-only attendee. I'm hitting an airshow party at a friends' place. See you Monday!

Ededge2002

Oh a porto eh?  Fancy this club is (with a Yoda accent).  I will still make my facilities available as the "executive washroom". I figure I can call it that because it has a fan... 

the giant

I'm looking forward to Monday.  See you all there with the batteries charged.

bfeist

Quote from: the giant on September 01, 2012, 09:25:33 AM
I'm looking forward to Monday.  See you all there with the batteries charged.

Looking forward to seeing you Andre. I'm leaning towards Sunday and Monday now (too good to pass up). Are you coming down for Monday only?

Ben

Ededge2002

Been going over things and doing some stuff around the house all day. Batteries all charged. Little touch ups on a couple planes all done. so you ask.. What am I going to bring?  EVERYTHING!  And if it's windy I'm STILL going to fly!

Michael

Wow! Today was fantastic!

Perfect weather, short cut grass and smooth field (lots of great takeoffs and landings), and terrific barbeque.

Lots and lots of pilots, and so many airplanes.

Memorable: Greg's quarter scale biplane, Hazelton brothers and Formula One -style racing, Ben and Ed super-fast race style flying, Spitfires in the air, lots of jets, lots of warbirds, and plenty of warm social interaction.

More tomorrow!

Michael

alphx

I was hoping to come tomorrow. haven't been to TEMAC in over 2 years. but I took out a parkflier yesterday and I still remember everything  ;D and other than school and stuff I plan on flying more now. Just a question regards to how everything works now, Do I need to pay for a membership (read that juniors are free now? and im 15 so i dont know if that counts still) I can get my maac renewed today as well. just wondering if I would be allowed to fly?

MAX

Michael

Hi Max, you'd be allowed to fly without paying for the year's membership, but you need to have MAAC membership-insurance; there are no exceptions to that rule.
Michael

Michael

Amazing day today too!

I forgot to mention yesterday that Simon C brought out a 3-decade old model that he had built when he was 13 years old, and flew it for the first time!

On Monday there was also lots of activity, as well as raffles.

Owners/managers of Pinnacle Hobby and Great Hobbies came out, with Ron (of Pinnacle) flying in a spectacular WWI dogfight with Greg C.

Karl, president of the Keswick club came out to watch the fun and say hello to everyone. Rudy from Beeton came by and watched the fun too!

I was part of a 4-flyer-team flying coordinated laps and aerobatics with Spitfires, lead by one of TEMAC's founding members, Andre Wedseltoft. That was fun!

Frank and Jack flew a vintage model that had been converted from gas.

There were also coordinated Cubs in the air doing touch-n-goes and aerobatics.

I had a great time. Special thanks to Jack Higgins and Andy Hoffer who worked hard both days. Thanks also to the Hazeleton brothers who are are always smiling and helping everyone. Thanks to Greg C who is also so cheerful and helpful. Thanks to everyone!

Simon, we missed you today.

Who would've known that barbeque hotdogs and flying model airplanes went so well together!  ;D
Michael

thehaze

I'm exhausted...

What an amazing couple of days! I can't wait for next year's edition!

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.