SKILLS CHALLENGE 2012!!

Started by Ededge2002, September 29, 2012, 05:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

There is no event posting for this yet?  Possibly the most participated and from what I heard from last years event the most fun event of the season?  Well I can fix THAT!

SO?? 

Who is coming and who is going?

Any secret plan of attack that your thinking? 

Nevermind the rain its not coming.  I know people.

My initial plan is to do each event with a selected plane BUT I might just try to do them ALL WITH JUST ONE MODEL!! That WOULD kick up the CHALLENGE part wouldnt it?  I will likely go back to the origional plan just because I want to kick ass though!

any Challengers out there going to challenge my run for top challenger? (that is a lot of challenges)
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

I've spent the last 48hrs prepping my planes - waxing them down, smoothing the surfaces (and buggering up my radio!) just to beat you, Ed.

I want that Calendar cover page!

;D

thehaze

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

sihinch

I have one word for you all.......myelin

thehaze

Currently I am working on unlearning what I have learned. Which shouldn't take too long.

Ededge2002

Quote from: sihinch on September 29, 2012, 09:25:15 PM
I have one word for you all.......myelin

Myelin
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Myelin is a dielectric (electrically insulating) material that forms a layer, the myelin sheath, usually around only the axon of a neuron. It is essential for the proper functioning of the nervous system. Myelin is an outgrowth of a type of glial cell. The production of the myelin sheath is called myelination. In humans, the production of myelin begins in the fourteenth week of fetal development, although little myelin exists in the brain at the time of birth. During infancy, myelination occurs quickly and continues through the adolescent stages of life.

So what your saying is that your insulated from us?   Yea right thats right we cant get you because your insulated.  (look at him he thinks we cant get him)  Its that OR he has created some SUPER BATTERY!  If that is the case were SCREWED!

Michael

A giant thank you to Jack (and everyone who helped) for another fantastic event.

It was fun; smiles everywhere.

... and no major crashes nor safety issues! Well done!

I still can't believe what luck we had with the weather!

Michael

Ededge2002

I agree Michael. Great time even though I had to let a couple of the others win some of the events. Top notch. Hell it's TEMAC!

Papa

It was a great day. I just put the framework together and you all did the rest
Thanks to Greg Hazelton/Mike Hazelton/Rick Chan/Chris Shim/Greg Cadez/James Eng/Michael Rogozinsky and everyone else who helped out today.
Thank you to Jeff Dannen/Gerald Dannen/Ken Ross/Jim Spence/Burt Dunk who were judges and photographer.
Thank you to Rosie Duthie who helped with the cooking and food handling.
Thank you to Greg Cadez who supplied Airfix plastic models for the raffle.
Thank you to Simon Hinchcliffe who supplied goody bags for the kids.
Thank you to all who participated.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

thehaze

Another fantastic even at TEMAC!!!

Nice work Jack. I had lots of fun!

Mike

imran1042

I could not fly but I had a lot of fun watching everyone and especially because I won a $30 gift card to Pinnacle!  :) :)   
Any day at the field is a good day :)

imran13

I really wish I could've come but I didn't have a ride. I'll be there on weekends though if an instructor is going to be there.

Imran L
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Papa

Skills Challenges Stats!

Six of the 7 challenges had club members participating.

A total of 70 flights were accomplished in about an hour and a half.

Student on a buddy box to experienced flyers all tried their hand.

It was not as easy as it looked on paper.

#1 "Slalom" was awarded to Ed McMann.
#2 "Landing on a Dime" was awarded Bobby Becker.
#3 "Musical Chairs" was awarded to Glenn Nikolaiko.
#4 "Once Round the Block" was awarded to Simon Hinchcliffe.
#5 "Carrier Landing" was awarded to Michael Rogozinsky.
#6 "10 Second Dash" was awarded to Ben Feist.
#7 "Rotor Slalom" no takers.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Gregor77

It was a great turn out and we all had fun!  Thankfully no major issues.  It was great meeting Simons mom and other family members.  Thanks to everyone for have a fun and safe event.   I think we flew till past 7 afterwards.

Now, we need to see some pictures!!!!  ;D