1st Eastern Canadian F3P Championships/ Fun Fly

Started by HE FLYS, October 12, 2012, 10:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HE FLYS

We are organizing what we will hope will become an annual event.

More information can be found here: 

http://xavier.mouraux.com/indoor/f3p-canada.html

Harry Ells

bfeist

Welcome to the forum Harry. Looks like an interesting event!

Ben

HE FLYS

Thanks Ben

I hope it will be a lot of fun.
I got to do a demo flight for staff, before they permitted rental.
It is a great venue.

Harry

Ededge2002

Good luck. I would like to see this type of flying do well enough to support the other classes. That advanced is just TOO advanced for me! Great work getting this far!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

xavierm

Quote from: Ededge2002 on October 13, 2012, 04:03:19 PM
Good luck. I would like to see this type of flying do well enough to support the other classes. That advanced is just TOO advanced for me! Great work getting this far!

Have you looked at the sportsman and intermediat sequences ? They are a lot easier.
I sure hope F3P gets more popular as good indoor airplanes are a joy to fly.
This video show what a really good and light model could do: DM 2012, Coburg - F3P-AP13 Alan Goljevscek

Xavier
Xavier

bfeist

Quote from: xavierm on October 13, 2012, 10:30:50 PM
Quote from: Ededge2002 on October 13, 2012, 04:03:19 PM

Have you looked at the sportsman and intermediat sequences ? They are a lot easier.
I sure hope F3P gets more popular as good indoor airplanes are a joy to fly.
This video show what a really good and light model could do: DM 2012, Coburg - F3P-AP13 Alan Goljevscek

Xavier

Oh my god

Ededge2002

Yea Ben it gets quite complicated dosent it! 
I could pull off possibly the intermediate without hitting the floor but that advance routine might require a few models.

If you've never flown this type of aircraft it's quite challenging and lots of fun. It also transfers directly to outdoor flying!

pmackenzie

I think this would be a great event, but the timing reminds me of the Daytona 500.
Putting the most important event of the season right at the beginning.

I understand the reason for this year, to have time between now and the world champs, but to me it would make more sense in future to have it at the end of the season.

I would like to go to this, but there is little chance I would be able to do any indoor flying at all before it.

Might enter anyway, just to show support for the concept.

Pat MacKenzie

HE FLYS

You are quite correct Pat.
It has been a rush to put this together because of the worlds.
I hope that we can get lots of support for this event so we can do it again at a more appropriate time.

Harry

xavierm

Quote from: pmackenzie on October 15, 2012, 09:18:49 PM
I think this would be a great event, but the timing reminds me of the Daytona 500.
Putting the most important event of the season right at the beginning.

I understand the reason for this year, to have time between now and the world champs, but to me it would make more sense in future to have it at the end of the season.

I would like to go to this, but there is little chance I would be able to do any indoor flying at all before it.

Might enter anyway, just to show support for the concept.

Pat MacKenzie

I would be great to see you there Pat. Don't worry, you won't be alone with limited or no indoor practice :-)
Xavier

pmackenzie

OK,  I entered. Should be interesting, my main goal is not to crash. :)
Second goal - fly the whole sequence in some recognizable fashion. This is in direct conflict with goal #1 at this point. ;D

Next few weeks will involve lots of SIM time. Hopefully there will be some calm evenings/mornings so I can get in a bit of real stick time.
Might try to get a backup plane built as well, in case goal #1 is tested in the first flight.

Any other TEMAC members going to fly in this as well? (Edge? ;))

Pat MacKenzie

Ededge2002

I thought about it but I struggled with what group to fly with.  I cant do the high level in my dreams and the second level I wonder who i would fly against...   Im just not that good !  = chicken

pmackenzie

Go for it Ed, all you have to lose is a Saturday afternoon :)

And that last line, is it:

Im just not that good !  = chicken

or  the "C" version

((Im just not that good) ! = (chicken))

;D

Ededge2002

Quote"Go for it Ed, all you have to lose is a Saturday afternoon "

and my pride lol

pmackenzie

Had a great time today. :)
I did achieve goal number 1 - not to crash.

Was somewhat less successful at reaching goal number 2, completing a recognizable sequence :-[
Not just my opinion, the judges all agreed.  ;D
Some of it was OK, but a couple of the manoeuvres gave me huge problems. One that I would have thought I could do was the hovering torque roll.
I could not get it done to save my life.  Quite humbling.

I did lots of SIM practise so I knew the sequence, but had no real flights before today and only one quick warm-up before the contest started.
The SIM hovers like it has a pole stuck up its rear, so that did not help me prepare at all.

Really nice facility, large, high ceiling and great lighting.

Thanks again to Xavier and Harry for putting this on, and the judges, scorers and helpers for running things.

Pat MacKenzie