Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on February 17, 2018, 07:19:25 PM
Great Bj.  I can verify from the photos you were there.  Was Andy really there to fly or just take pictures? 

@Andy Hoffer - Boy it really got cold fast and snowed since the earlier post with Mike stuck in the driveway... and is that Greg wearing a T-shirt?  Glenn looks too warm as well.

It is 30 Degrees C here for those that care.   :)

Hey @bweaver,

Climate change works in wondrous ways that we have only begun to experience!

I am so glad you are enjoying barbecuing yourself.  Please be sure to leave the heat behind when you return.  I would like to savour the last remnants of winter.  8)

Andy

Frank v B

Sorry I was a little slow at the switch but....

re: Andy's "You don't want to pull a Mike Hazelton!"  Again!!!!!  About 3 years ago he tried to pull a U-turn in exactly the same place and a few of us suckers his friends had to pull him out.

What is the difference between Mike Hazelton and a dog??   You can train a dog! ;D
The boy just does not learn.

Still waiting for spring.  Hate to admit it but Bruce is the smartest TEMAC member.  Getting burned while wishing he were here. :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on February 17, 2018, 10:53:12 PM
Sorry I was a little slow at the switch but....

re: Andy's "You don't want to pull a Mike Hazelton!"  Again!!!!!  About 3 years ago he tried to pull a U-turn in exactly the same place and a few of us suckers his friends had to pull him out.

What is the difference between Mike Hazelton and a dog??   You can train a dog! ;D
The boy just does not learn.

Still waiting for spring.  Hate to admit it but Bruce is the smartest TEMAC member.  Getting burned while wishing he were here. :D

Frank

Hi @BJROB,

Just ignore them BJ.  And know in your heart that you are one of a very elite and enlightened group that gets the maximum value from its TEMAC and MAAC memberships. 

Andy

Gregor77

All joking aside.  But there is marks going into the parking lot. So one of you did try to fly?  It also appears to be a black line down the run way. Maybe someone tried to shovel the runway? Still a bit chilli for my stuff. I don't want a repeat of loading the car up and have nothing work because the servos don't like the cold. Lol.

Andy Hoffer

Hi Greg,

Yes, both BJ and I were there on Thursday and Saturday.  Thursday was a no-go due to heavy slush, but Saturday was excellent as it had frozen and there was a really nice crust of ice.  I believe BJ had briefly tried to clear a patch on the runway on Thursday, but we decided it was not worth the effort given the weight of the slush.

It will probably get really sloppy again today with the forecast high of 3oC.

Happy building!

Andy

Gregor77

sihinch

Well, I'm not posting about tomorrow, but I did fly today!  Great to see @thehaze  Mike H at the field.

Flew my new A-10 (bought from Michael) and FMS Hawk (with Callie Graphics tail.)

Frank v B

Mike H. at the field!!!   WOW! Did you give him the new member lecture?  Give him a check flight? Go over field and flying etiquette?  Ya never know.  He may have forgotten after all this time. ;)

Seriously, great to see Mike back at the field. ;D

Drop by tomorrow.  You have a lot of catching up to do. :)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"