Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Time to rejuvenate this old thread....

.....and I'm not talking tomorrow, I'm taking TONIGHT!

I'm planning to see what happens on a Sunny Thursday in June at Rogofield. See you there?

octagon

I am trying to get there. Have my big Spit in the car.
What could possibly go wrong?

Michael

Can't make it tonight, but ....

I left behind, forgot, lost, a 6S 5000 mah PULSE lipo battery pack.

I would be grateful if it was found and retrurned to me.

Michael

bweaver

I asked the morning crew if anyone saw it.  Unfortunately no one did.  Hopefully it will turn up.

Michael

It turned up.

I had it all along; it was not where I usually keep it.

Thanks so much for looking.
Michael

sihinch

Nice way to add a few more posts to this thread, Michael!!!

Great fun tonight - lots of people out.

I'm happy because I had 2 great flights with my F-15 after a rocky start to our relationship!

Michael

Michael

bweaver

Michael,  Was it in your airplane?

Michael

I have 2 cases; one for radio and batteries, and one for charging equipment.

I put one battery in the wrong case.
Michael

Oscar

TGIF - Zero wind after work.  We did the Vampire EDF formation flying.  What a great way to start the father's day weekend.

Oscar

I went this morning.  Frank already teaching the students.  Richard already burnt up his batteries and ready to go home.  Karl was on his last pack.  Graham left before I arrived.  What a beautiful morning. It was cross wind this morning but manageable (compare with Sat. this morning is mild).  Then Eric, Rob D, Tuck and Greg C. showed up for a brief moment before the shower starts.

Flew my P-51 and P-40. 

After lunch, the sun is back out.  The weather network said the ThunderStorm started at 3pm.  So went back and burnt the remaining packs on my Theory W wing.   No one was at field. The cross wind is getting gusty (but the windsock doesn't move at all).  The Theory W wing have no effect at all, flies like on rail (thanks for the AS3X technology).  A 4S 1300mah runs for 7 1/2 mins.  Excellent wing!

Michael

Michael

Oscar

I flew this morning with Richard, Bobby and Frank.  Unlike this afternoon (gusty west wind), it started off with cloudy but calm.  As the sun goes out, the wind starts to shift to West and start windy.  Thank you Richard to recharge my battery so I can fly one more time and to Frank, thank you for pointing out the correct way to hand launch the plane.   :D

Frank v B

on Oscar's comment

re:  "...the correct way to hand launch the plane.   :D"

Skyward!

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Oscar

Hi Frank,

I searched and found out the cause why there is no down elevator for the Slave radio. The AUX channel is reversed.  To change, go into the transmitter servo inversion menu ( hold the left and right gimbals in the upper-inside position as shown while powering on the DXe), go to the sixth channel (the AUX channel - use right aileron, press 6 times) and press down (elevator up) on the right stick to invert the channel.