TEMAC Nooner racer build thread!!

Started by Ededge2002, February 18, 2013, 10:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battlestu

can't get much better than Darrell "Boogity Boogity Boogity, let's go racin'"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8by2zu8PgQ

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

Ummm.   That's horrible.  I personally declare that guy BANNED from TEMAC!  Even though I don't have the authority  :o

thehaze

I was thinking more like...

"Simon, we will wait for you to pick up the bits of your plane from the field before we start the race....."

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

piker

thehaze

Just trying to get into Simon's head and throw him off his game. I need every advantage I can get after seeing the motor he's running.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

piker

He IS taking this racing thing seriously.  He's the first one to have his plane ready (besides Frank who cheated by starting a few years early).

I bet Simon will be out practicing this weekend.

sihinch

Sorry I've been a bit quiet on this thread, I'm actually in Arizona on an RC pylon racing camp.  I've learnt so much and my skills have improved significantly.  My times have halved and I am now the fastest Nooner pilot in North America!

Ededge2002

We should all get together and fly the brushes off of the poor thing!! 
Looking at my kit I'm disappointed that I didn't get the arf now though because I have to cover it all still...  I will get to it soon though
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Frank v B

Back to an earlier post about Cadez realizing that the Nooner wasn't a biplane.  He has his own class: Twooner racing. 8)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Papa

The call to arms will be.

"Pikers,  the mayhem starts NOW"

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on February 27, 2013, 05:29:59 PM
Sorry I've been a bit quiet on this thread, I'm actually in Arizona on an RC pylon racing camp.  I've learnt so much and my skills have improved significantly.  My times have halved and I am now the fastest Nooner pilot in North America!

I thought I recognized you.  Arizona Pylon Race  !  :)

Andy

sihinch

Yeah, did you see me at the back with the electric Nooner?

Earlier that day I'd beaten them all!!!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on February 27, 2013, 12:03:36 AM
To get the plane to be fairly balanced without the battery I installed everything except the elevator servo and assembled the plane.  With the CG marked I moved the servo up and down the fuse to see where to put it to get it to come to CG range.  Yes there are medications for these troubles! 

marking the fuse with tape of the location, make or find in the old Rifle parts bag the elevator servo mount you never used and position the servo in its location to measure and bend the pushrod to length.  Figure out the servo throw required to get the recomended elevator travel (+ - 12degrees) Make fancy not for 3d elevator horn and install.  With everything centered install elevator servo.  Glue the elevator pushrod guide tube to the inside of the fuse.  Swear a couple times just for good measure. 

Picture showing battery position to get to cg.  this will allow almost any battery that fits to be able to get to CG required.

All up weight without battery or rx...  Not bad at all if I do say so myself!!

Hi Ed:

If I read the photo correctly it looks like the elevator servo is permanently glued in place.  How would one go about servicing the servo if necessary?

Andy

sihinch

Ededge2002

Quote " If I read the photo correctly it looks like the elevator servo is permanently glued in place. How would one go about servicing the servo if necessary?"

Picking a good solid reliable servo is a requirement in my opinion for something that will be about one pound and approach 100mph.  But if it ever needed to be removed it will pop out with a screwdriver prying at it a bit.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?