TEMAC Nooner racer build thread!!

Started by Ededge2002, February 18, 2013, 10:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfeist

Good luck to everyone this weekend. I'll be at my son's baseball tournament but I look forward to hearing how it went.

Ben

sihinch

Ededge2002

I believe its time to start heckling about the up coming race on the 20th.

As Mike H seems to be hot on the tails I'm going to start by saying....  Catch me if you can!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

thehaze

Well, as is always the case... a race is scheduled on a day I can't be at the field. Could have been there last weekend but no, you guys got scared and postponed it, to avoid my awesomeness....
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

I was disappointed the race was postponed but I think it was done out of kindness to the other competitors. Its tough to wipe away the tears when the Kleenex is all wet!

bfeist

I trimmed out my Nooner using a progressive throttle/elevator mix at Bramalea. I'm already to now miss the competition because of a family vacation :(

Go get em Clubs!

Ededge2002

I was awarded the "Race Winner"  plaque today. I've made a spot for it as I plan on having it for the remainder of the season. I'm considering modifying the plaque already though as it has a perfectly good APC 4.75X4.75 on it.

Thanks Frank for taking the time to make these trophies so us winners can remind ourselves how great we are!

Frank v B

Ed,

I wanted the trophies to be good APC's and I know it had your favorite prop on it (4.75 x 4.75).  To protect from pilfering the prop nut has 5 minute epoxy on the thread.  Admire it, don't use it.  Our mission is to get that trophy out of your hands soon.  You now have a bulls eye on your back.  Wear it proudly.  Soon you will be looking over your shoulders.  14 of us are aiming for you.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

So this is weird....

I just put a new motor in "Bobby's" Nooner that is supposedly the same kV as the motor in my Nooner, 2200kV. Now this new motor ain't a cheapo, it's probably the most expensive motor (at retail price) that I own.

So with the same 5.25x6.25 prop it was pulling 50% more current and power. Same kV! Go figure.

I may have to prop down on this one.

Ededge2002

just cut off one of the prop blades that should bring the amps down the required 50%.

bfeist

I epoxied it to the wall. You'll have to take it from me with a chisel.

thehaze

It's mine next time. Third place today and I'm just getting warmed up...

sihinch

You go Mike!

And you've got the special upgrade planned!

thehaze

Here's my post race interview for MAAC magazine..

Talladega Nights - Piss Excellence

Shake and Bake!

bfeist