Tentative Float Fly this upcoming Weekend!

Started by Gregor77, April 24, 2013, 11:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

Just thought I would see how much interest is in our first float fly this weekend? 

battlestu

I should have something ready :)... but I'll need Rob to take a look at it first
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Wingnutz

Depends entirely on weather...which for now looks good...except if we're flying in Frenchman's Bay from the spit road, wind will be pretty much offshore.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

So you guys were serious!

O.K.  I'll get my boat ready and plan to be there at 5:00pm on Sunday... unless the weather turns bad as we get through the week.  Right now, the winds look gentle during the day so should calm down nicely in the evening.

Now where did I put those seaplanes last fall?...

piker

Hey guys!

I'm sorry but I need to back out of float flying for this Sunday (April 28).  I'm way too busy this weekend (especially Sunday) and I have to leave for San Diego early Monday morning for the week.

I do very much appreciate your enthusiasm for float flying and promise to offer plenty of opportunities throughout the summer.  Let's aim for the next scheduled float flying get together of Thursday May 9th, or at least the weekend following.

Robert

Wingnutz

We'll miss you Rob. If the weather's good I'm going to go anyway. I have a stand up paddle board which I can throw on the roof of the car and use to retrieve wayward models. Brrrrrrr!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Papa

Hi Guys, I am officially cancelling the Float Fly for Sunday.

For safety reasons the club would be concerned with water temperature and the lack of a retrieval boat.

Let's aim for the next one on the schedule.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

wollins

Quote from: piker on April 25, 2013, 11:32:02 AM
I have to leave for San Diego early Monday morning for the week.

Man, you've got a cool job, I love San Diego!
Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!