Edward McMann TEMAC #2003

Started by Ededge2002, April 27, 2013, 11:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octagon

Hey Ed,
I have only been a member a short time, and we only just know each other, but you where at the field on the first Saturday I showed up with my Apprentice, and very kindly, gave me my first flight since getting back in the sport after and absence of about 25 years. Thanks for that, and very best of luck in your new job. I will miss seeing you make airplanes do crazy things. I can  make them do crazy things too, but YOU have control of the airplane when you do it!
All the very best in the new job, sounds like a great move!
Best of luck, Rob Dickinson
What could possibly go wrong?

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

I think he saw me, Mr Eye-in-the-sky!

gmcnic

Shhh... he's under the cone of silence.
While we are whispering, why is it "Edward McMann TEMAC #2003" while his forum call sign is "Ededge2002"?  Hmmm, minus 1.  Just like we miss him already!

Ed, you checked out my Apprentice at my first instructional Wednesday last August, you inspire with your wonderful flying skills at Mach speed and cool aerobatics, care and share freely.

Now who's gonna keep Andy in check?

Best wishes with your new career!
(But do please stay in touch with us all.)
Many thanks,
Graham

Ededge2002

Figured I would share a little article about the place I've moved to. It's been Very exciting and challenging already and it just keeps getting better!

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/partners/ge-innovation/drones-take-to-the-agricultural-skies/article20233125/?service=mobile
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Papa

Fascinating but do you have any that will find our "beaned" models. Maybe one on the discard pile you could send our way?

Good to hear from you Ed.

Stay in touch.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Ededge2002

We could use infrared if the battery was still warm!

Papa

Not the next Tickler but the one after that will show you that we have lots of hot batteries.

Does it detect OH S*^T mistakes? We also have lots of those.

Jack.
A motto to live by:

flying IT

nice article,  My brother and I have talked about this for a while.  The issue doesn't seem to be the drone itself but the data it collects and being able to intrograte into existing systems.  The combine and 2 tractors have GPS receivers and one portable system that gets moved around.

Every year they have a precision farming conference in London.  http://www.farms.com/precision-agriculture/conference-2014/speakers.aspx
notice any familiar names? ;)

P.S.  you guys are going to make the farmers fat, they will not have to "walk the field", unless the UAV drops into a field somewhere.  LOL

Papa

Boy It must be a Dutch Farmers Invasion.

LOL.

Jack.
A motto to live by:

Ededge2002

Tough day at the office.

Instructor already!

Papa

Don't kid yourself Ed!

We know you're just a Farm Observer now.

Is that a copy of 'Old Moore's Almanac' in your back pocket.

LOL

Jack.
A motto to live by:

Ededge2002

Oh Jack you should get one of these thing they practically fly them selves in GPS hold.  Imagine the Nooner racine camera platform it could be!  Notice im not even watching it when im flying it?  It would be perfect for several guys at the club HAHAHA..  Cough cough

flying IT

ok. but has it been over a bean field yet ?  They have been known to jump up and grab things out of the sky.

sihinch

Nooner racing.....GPS......you've just given me an idea. ;D

I bet it's possible to make a Nooner fly a GPS track.  10 laps at 100mph with a perfect course.  Maybe that's my plan for 2015. 8)

Off to do the research..... ;)