Imran Lalani TEMAC #195

Started by imran13, April 30, 2013, 06:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imran13

Hi Everyone,

My name is Imran Lalani, and I'm 14 years old. I have an Art-Tech Cessna 182, and a recently gifted Leader (thanks Imran, and Simon). I haven't been flying all that long, but I have a pretty long history with flight. I've always been fascinated by flight, and the physics of flight, and always wanted to be a pilot from a young age. I used to buy helicopters from toy stores and fly them around the house, so I'm pretty experienced with those (the ones with fly-bars anyway). 3 years ago, Imran Husein came over to my house, and I told him there was a hobby shop near my house, and so we went to check it out. Little did I know then that that would be the start of something so big.

That day we went to the hobby shop, was the day Imran Husein bought his first plane; a HobbyZone Champ. We both have each other to thank for this hobby, because I'm the one who took him to get his first plane, and he's the one who got me involved in this hobby.

After that day, I was quite interested in RC Planes, but lost interest a few months afterwards, thanks to Imran H. not letting me fly the Champ (*cough* rude *cough*). Even then though, I was still interested in flight. In sixth grade, 2 years ago, my teacher asked me to do a presentation about the physics of flight, and essential components and parts of an airplane. Earlier this year, for and english explanation text, I wrote a paper on 'How do Airplanes Fly?' (if you want to read it, PM me). Naturally I got an A+.

Other than flying, I love to play hockey and to snowboard. I've been playing hockey since the age of 7, and have played multiple levels including Rep. I've been snowboarding since the age of 9, and have loved it since. I do alpine riding, but mostly park.

In the summer time I love to go bike riding. Any chance I get, I take my bike out for a spin; whether it be a 10 minute ride, or a 3 hour ride, it's always fun. Last summer, when Imran H. talked to me about getting involved with flying, I remember him telling me it was north of Markham. Well on my ride home from Stouffville, I saw some RC planes flying around. I had no clue that that was the club I was going to join. I've ridden my bike to Stouffville multiple times, as well as ridden around my neighbourhood.

Also, Imran H. and I have been best friends since the age of about 4 or 5. It was quite ironic because we both have the same name firstly, both our moms work at the airport, both of us are the same age, and both of us have the same interests.

That's all I can think of about myself at the moment, but if you have any questions, PM me.

Thanks,
Imran Lalani (Imran #1, I.H. is #2)
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

sihinch

Great post! Thanks for introducing yourself to us.

imran13

I think it's time to add an update :D

I just completed an Air Cadet Glider Pilot Scholarship course at Mountain View Cadet Flying Training Centre (formerly CRGS), and am now a fully licensed glider pilot!
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

sihinch

Wow, congratulations Imran!  That's very, very cool.  :D

Now, can you take passengers?  ;D

battlestu

way to go!!!

my daughter was also at Trenton this summer
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

imran13

Indeed, I can take passengers! I just have to go get checked out on another glider (maybe 5 :P) at a civilian centre. I went to SOSA yesterday (located outside Cambridge, near African Lion Safari).

Also waiting for my aviation document booklet to arrive in the mail.

Papa

Congratulations Imran.

Did you think your RC skills gave you an advantage over the other candidates?

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

imran13

They helped with the hand-eye coordination for sure.

The award for top pilot was given to one of my friends, who also flies RC at a Toronto club. I was runner-up to the award. Seems like there's a trend ;D

imran13

Time for another update! First off, sorry guys for not having been very active for the past year or so. I've been really, really busy between school, flying, and cadets.

So this past summer, as some of you know, I was in London, Ontario, for 7 weeks. I was there for the Power Pilot Scholarship course through the Air Cadet programme, to earn my Private Pilot License. I trained on the Diamond DA-20 at the Diamond Flight Centre based out of CYXU. I successfully completed the course last week, and was awarded top overall and top flight test mark for my centre :D.

battlestu

very cool... you need to talk with Andy on how to do a few circuits of the field when you do your next fly by.

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

bweaver

Congratulations Imran.  I hope you had a lot fun while doing it.......  All the best.