Dale Babiy TEMAC# 171

Started by Minupla, May 01, 2013, 06:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minupla

Hello, my name is Dale and I'm a flying addict :).

I've been flying for 2 years now.  When I was a kid, I did some static model building and some model rocketry.  Later, about 8 years ago, when I was living on the island of Antigua I tried to get into the hobby, but planes were expensive there and my wife was a bit concerned about the cost of the hobby, "Given that you're going to crash that thing and turn it into billions of little itty bitty pieces of foam".  Also there was no club down there to learn to fly with.

Then I moved back up to civilization, and took up IT security (catching hackers) for a profession. This brought me down to the Defcon hacker conference a couple of years ago, where they were demonstrating how you could use RC planes to set up cell phone intercepts.  I said, "That looks like fun, except for the evil bits", and I caught the bug for good.

I'm also a HAM, and know my way around computers, so I have an interest in doing weird and wonderful things with autopilots, FPV and transmitters :)

See you in the air!
Dale

sihinch

Great stuff Dale - looking forward to what you can teach us all as the computerised/automatation side of our hobby grows!  :)

bfeist

Very cool Dale. I should send over the security logs from this forum. We're under constant bombardment. I've had to put many measures in place.