Kingston Fun fly

Started by wollins, May 04, 2013, 09:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Yes, Kingston was a great time as always.  In fact, despite the poor weather forecast, the weather was actually very good!  Other than the rain on Friday for the drive there (no big deal, it was dry inside the car), we didn't get any rain (to speak of) all weekend.  Saturday was overcast all day, but no rain, and the winds were gentle and straight down the runway.  Sunday was sunny with quite reasonable winds that were only a little challenging as they were cross field the whole day.  Still, I don't think it stopped anyone from having a great time of flying.

The turn-out was modest, but I bet there were over 30 pilots registered, and Martin and crew put on a great event with an awesome flying field, great organization, fantastic food for breakfast and lunch, and a great award presentation.  As you may have noticed, awards from the Kingston Electric Fun fly are coveted by us modelers as they are awarded by Martin, a very successful electric flyer and scale model builder who certainly has a respected opinion.

It was very nice to chat and fly with many of the Kingston club members as well as visitors from across Ontario, and some from the States.  We had a couple of guys  (regulars at Kingston now) from Syracuse NY, Keith Shaw from Ann Arbor, Michigan, and also a graphics vendor from Niagara Fall.

An added treat again this year was an opportunity for some Saturday evening float flying at a nearby lake (home of a Kingston member, Wilf).  The only drawback was that everyone was in a hurry to get to dinner.  I don't understand some people's priorities.  Anyway, to solve this, Wilf is suggesting that next year we can have a cook-out at his place and fly 'til dusk if we like.  Sounds good to me!

As much fun as the weekend of flying and good friend was, I think the highlight for Michael was the Friday evening movie night   :-)

Papa

I guess you could say Michael's weekend started with "Superman" and ended with "Super Grandchild # 3"!

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Andy Hoffer

I keep hearing about Michael's grandsons, but I haven't seen their TEMAC application forms yet !! :)

Michael

Obviously, having a new grandson was the highlight of the weekend for me, but the highlight of the Kingston Fun Fly was actually winning two awards from Martin. As Robert pointed out, these awards are coveted because of Martin's standing in the hobby.

As well, just hanging around with friends and flying model airplanes makes for a perfect weekend!
Michael

Michael

I dunked 2 planes at the float flying at Kingston.

It's been a week and I let everything thoroughly dry out.

I tested everything and it works just fine.  ;D
Michael