CLUBS: Just our team

Started by bfeist, May 06, 2013, 03:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfeist

Just our team can see this. Greg Hazelton's idea. So this is a private area to discuss our team's racing endeavours.

Ben

Ededge2002

So just the other team members or all racers?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

bfeist

Just Team Clubs can see this forum. There's a forum for each of the teams that's invisible to all non-team members.

Ededge2002

Neat. We must have a good web developer guy !

Ededge2002

One is the loneliest number....

A few of us got some hot laps in today with the Nooners .  Racing was a little wild but everyone seemed to enjoy and be able to fly the circuit.  Winds were quite high and from the east but the airframes handled great.

Glen flew well but was having battery issues as they were giving the low voltage signal.

Mike Hazelton flew VERY well and his model was quite fast with the black hobby king motor on 4.1x4.1 prop

Greg on the same motor seemed to be off the pace slightly and tried the 4.5x4.1. I think his batteries were dropping some voltage.

Simon was well in the hunt staying in the lead group and his flying is showing improvement with each practice race.

Michael did not join the racing but did fly his model a couple times and announced how happy he is with its smooth and stable characteristics.

My plane looked to be as fast as any of the fast movers.  I was flying a consistently smaller circuit than the rest making it possible for me to lap the pack. As the others find the small circuit it will be very tight racing. Once we get some actual pylons and start working at it its going to be a lot of fun!

bfeist

Sounds great (and stressful).

I finally finished up my Naked Nooner. It's on a 2700kv motor, 4.5x4.5 drawing 18.5A static. Lots of cooling, should be able to go 4.75x4.75 if necessary. Flying with older 2100mah batteries. They fit fine and weigh 140g.

Will maiden it once the wind dies down.

wollins

Finished mine today as well ... pics to come. :)
Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Ededge2002

GREAT!  This team is coming together!  If any of you want to get out a night to practice a little let me know I'm in!

For throws I would start at + -5mm for ailerons and elevator with 2" cg

wollins

Quote from: bfeist on May 26, 2013, 03:16:52 PM
Sounds great (and stressful).

I finally finished up my Naked Nooner. It's on a 2700kv motor, 4.5x4.5 drawing 18.5A static. Lots of cooling, should be able to go 4.75x4.75 if necessary. Flying with older 2100mah batteries. They fit fine and weigh 140g.

Will maiden it once the wind dies down.

What's your AUW, Ben?
Colin

|
|
|

wollins

Here ya go!  Fuse needs to be touched up but other than that she's ready to go.
Colin
|
|
|

Ededge2002

That looks great too Colin!  Wow we are going to have a good looking team..and our planes ain't bad either!

wollins

Thanks Ed! Team Clubs rule!  ;D 
|
|
|

bfeist

AUW of the Naked Nooner is 517g. But I could put a 1300mah battery in it to reduce it quite a bit (but I'd have to find one and buy one). Using a 2100 20C right now.

Ededge2002

Calculators predict 101mph. Oh and I won't be flying the 500meters off the flight line to get to the back 40!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on May 27, 2013, 08:45:10 PM
Calculators predict 101mph. Oh and I won't be flying the 500meters off the flight line to get to the back 40!

Yeah, I calculated 101 mph at static test rpm, but I thought props unload at speed in the air, increasing rpm about 20%, or is that only for gas engines?