CLUBS: Just our team

Started by bfeist, May 06, 2013, 03:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

So are we going to have some team points this weekend?  Even if you launch and fly the pylons at your own pace you will still earn the team valuable points towards the championship!  As it stands were in last place lol. I know obligations will keep some away but the remainder of us have to do our best. We can't just sit back and let those other "cards" take the lead.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

wollins

Well I intend to be there ... now if I can only get this damn plane in the air!  I've tried to maiden twice now and both times ended up with some radio glitching problems. Yesterday I swapped out the receiver I was using so this evening (Thursday) I intend to finally get this maiden done.

Colin 
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Andy Hoffer

Unfortunately I am on the scratch list for July 7, at least until late afternoon.  "Obligation" would be putting it mildly in terms of describing the forthcoming family commitment.  But I did maiden my plane, so the future holds promise, if not racing points.

Cheers!

Andy

Ededge2002

Great to see you race today Andy!  How did you feel about racing for the first time?  I hope you enjoyed it as this is a great series to work on some useful flying skills.  Colin also got out and flew his Nooner a few times. Looks like it was fast and he seemed happy with it.

Team clubs!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on July 20, 2013, 07:59:45 PM
Great to see you race today Andy!  How did you feel about racing for the first time?  I hope you enjoyed it as this is a great series to work on some useful flying skills.  Colin also got out and flew his Nooner a few times. Looks like it was fast and he seemed happy with it.

Team clubs!

Hi Ed:

The racing was definitely fun.  I consider it a huge personal success that I survived the mass launch and returned with my aircraft intact.  That was my first race ever!  The plane handles very well at approach and landing speeds.  I still have to do some fine tuning of the aircraft and of course my flying skills to smooth things out at racing speed.  Once I get that done, I will pick up the speed a bit.

Thanks so much for all of your encouragement, good counsel and great humour.

Cheers.

Andy

wollins

Well, I've been able to finally maiden my Nooner over the weekend so hopefully I'll be able to contribute some points to the team going forward!

Colin
|
|
|

Ededge2002

Sunday's race day. I understand Andy can't make it. Anyone else coming out to challenge Simon for second?

wollins

|
|
|

Ededge2002

Way to go team 51 points!  After letting Ben win the final we both earned 21 point and Colin added even more to the total pushing us into first place in the team championship!

The dream team!

bfeist

I'll deploy my drogue next time so you can pass me.
Looks like we had equal points. The main idea is to dominate the final. Let's aim for all of us in the final next time.

Ededge2002

I need props.  I have but one spare.  Please look under your desks, in the back of old drawers or under your pillow for a 4.5x4.1 prop or two. 

Thanks!

Ededge2002

OK boys we have to work together for final race of the season.  Team hearts gained some big points today and to cement our "dream team" to the record books its going to take all we've got. 

Colin I understand your plane is damaged beyond repair?  Would it make at least a couple laps to get us some extra points?  Andy your keeping it together out there and we need you buddy.

I'm going to do my best to get Ben into first place next race as he is just six points out if second overall. I'm even going to drop back if I'm in front of him!

wollins

Quote from: Ededge2002 on September 15, 2013, 10:44:51 PM
Colin I understand your plane is damaged beyond repair? 
Repairable and will be ready for final race.
Colin
|
|
|

Andy Hoffer

I am thrilled that I completed SIX whole laps in the first heat today, with no damage!! 

And I definitely covered twice as much sky as anyone else on each lap.  :)

Andy

bfeist

Every point counts. What hurt us in this last race (other than me trimming for the whole the first race) was that they had two Clubs members and the top 3 point scorers in the same qualifying heat. We should ask Jack if he tries to spread the teams out in the heats (i'm not sure how he chooses the heats). Given that we only had 9 flyers, this was probably necessary. Also, I wasn't too worried in the first race because last time I came 3rd in the first race I went on to come 2nd overall and top point scorer overall because there was a consolation race (that I won). Maybe there weren't enough flyers yesterday for a consolation race this time around. I'm not sour at all, I had a lot of fun. I was all over the sky in the qualifier--I finished where I deserved to finish. Though, I would like to know how the races are organized in advance, but I'm unsure how to ask Jack without sounding like a whiny back-seat driver.