CLUBS: Just our team

Started by bfeist, May 06, 2013, 03:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wollins

Repaired. Gonna wring her out tomorrow to see if she will hold up!
Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

bfeist

Quote from: wollins on September 21, 2013, 11:45:55 PM
Repaired. Gonna wring her out tomorrow to see if she will hold up!
Colin

Sweet. Did you ever get to the bottom of your batteries flattening? How many mah do you put back in to them when that happens?

wollins

Don't think its the batts, think its the esc.  Still battling with it.  Don't think ill be uber competitive, just want to give the team some points is all.

Colin
Colin
|
|
|

bfeist

Mmmmm Pooooints.

Maybe you could try turning off the cutoff in the castle firmware. You're only flying 10 laps so no need for a cutoff anyway.

wollins

What size pack are you guys using ... you always seem to have lots of juice left at the end. The one time I was able to last for the entire race (with power) I won the heat. That's when I had a honkin 2200 pack in there.  Now because of some reconfiguration of my innards I can't get such a pack to fit.

Colin
|
|
|

Ededge2002

I'm using 1300's. Normal recharge is about 500mA.  Can't understand why your using so much juice. Is it possible the motor is messed?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

wollins

Anything is possible ... don't see how though cause the amp draw is normal.  Something's going on that's for sure. BTW, the wing held up ok with my test flight yesterday but I have a SEVERE trim problem now. I launched her and she climbed so much that she could have done a loop! Took full down trim to get her to just fly level with me holding a bit of down elevator. 

Brought her down and the elevator was level/neutral (with full down trim) so I guess when I re-glued back in my elevator servo I had a bit of up in it.  Can't be adjusted without me busting it back outta there so ... In any event seems like the incidence of the wing is also off ... yet there was no change (that I can see) to he airfoil based on my repair.  Reason I think that is like I said full down trim (so now elevator is neutral and even a bit down) and she still wants to climb if I let go the stick.  Took a pic with my laser and it is off by about 3mm.  However with it in this same AOA before the repair she flew fine.  Maybe my repair did change the airfoil and thus the AOA some.
Anyways, this means I have to shim the TE and get back to the field to do some adjusting flights before Sat. (which is a PITA)
Colin   
|
|
|

bfeist

I suspect battery position has a drastic effect on elevator trim in nooners as well. When you're doing your testing make sure your battery is going in in the exact position you've determined.

Same as Ed, I put in about 550mAh into my 1300 back after a flight. Doesn't seem to matter which prop I use it's always around that value.

Ben

wollins

Hmmm ... didn't think of the battery shifting ... In any event, here's the wing now "shimmed" so we'll see how it does now. First pic is "before" and second after.

Colin
|
|
|

wollins

FINALLY I'm ready!  Put four packs through this baby today and its on rails! Can't wait for Saturday now.

Colin
|
|
|

Ededge2002

Meeting:

I'm having a pre race meeting to team members interested 1 hour prior to the races.
Topics are performance cheats and strategy.
Edward

bfeist

Ededge2002

Yes Nooner racers at noon.

Ededge2002

Great season team!

I enjoyed seeing everyone having fun on the final day. I feel my flying improved because of the season and hope others gleaned something from it.

Can't wait for the results!!!  Did Ben stay in third?  Did we keep the team points total? 

bfeist

Can't wait for the points posting. Should be interesting.
I totally agree that racing this season has made me a better pilot. I can even kind of get my sunracer around the pylons now.

Congrats on your win Ed. Well deserved.