Float Flying at Frenchman's Bay, May 9th

Started by piker, May 08, 2013, 11:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Sounds great, Ken!

BTW, now that I've figured out this camera and YouTube thing, I'll be taking more video at the float flys.

Hey Ed!  Yes, the bugs were swarming, as they are everywhere this spring, but it looks worse than it was.  They weren't landing or biting.  In fact, I was surprised to see them in the video afterwards.

Robert

Kenvention2

Pretty sure one of the bugs got in my eye on landing . . .

Ken

Wingnutz

Thanks for posting the vids Rob...what a spectacular evening ! LMK if any unscheduled sessions are about to happen.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

flyboy

Hi Robert,

Loved your new Flyzone Beaver, thinking of picking one up myself.

Saw this on youtube and couldn't resist - you should set your up like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJTvEmJ13EY

piker

Hey Joe,

The Beaver flew great after I assembled it at the field.  I flew for 9 minutes when the power suddenly dropped off.  A quick landing brought it down safely.  Afterward I noticed that the motor was quite stiff to rotate.  I assumed I had damaged the motor somehow, even though I barely flew past half throttle the whole time.  After about an hour of it cooling down the motor was spinning freely again.  Strange.

Hey Ken!  The Beaver looked so great at the Bay last week that I impulse bought one too  ;D

Robert

Ededge2002

IRS 2:30 am I've  been drinking and... should beaver and stiff be tolerated in the same post?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

flyboy

Only if "beaver" refers to a plane and "stiff" refers to the sticks on your radio  :o

flyboy

So Robert,

Are you readynto sell that Beaver yet? ;D