Oakville Model Flying Club Electric Fun Fly Invitation (Sat, Jun 8 2013)

Started by dloo, May 22, 2013, 08:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dloo

Our club would like to cordially invite you and your friends to our annual Electric Fun Fly scheduled for Sat Jun 8, 2013 (rain date is next day)    Please see attached for details.  Note the entrance fee includes Lunch and random draw entry!  This is a revenue neutral event so the more entrants (pilots) that can be confirmed, the better and bigger the prizes that will be possible.  This is a MAAC sanctioned event.

Thank you for your interest.
Denis

bfeist

Thanks for the formal invitation! The Oakville Electric Funfly has always been one of the summer's banner events. I highly recommend it to everyone at TEMAC.

Ben

piker

Yes!  Thanks for the invite, Denis!

I'll be there and I hope we have a great turnout of TEMAC people to help support the Oakville Electric Fun Fly.

Guys, this event has been run since the mid 90's and was established by some Oakville members as an event to promote and support Electric Flight.  It was very generous, in the early days (and still is), of the Oakville club to give up their field for a nice day in early summer so the electric guys could have a get together.  I think we owe it to them to support the event and help make it a great day. 

Also consider that it adds an extra element of fun and excitement to fly at a field different from your usual home field, and with an opportunity to speak with other modeling enthusiasts, and see what they fly.  I hope everyone will consider coming out for the day.

BTW, if you had been there last year you could have witnessed the awesome, total destruction of my Mew Gull.  See the fun you're missing?    ;D

Robert

sihinch

That's what I worry about - having a bad-fly-day and looking like a complete numpty (translated as idiot.)

Ededge2002

Not to worry Simon. There were a lot of experienced modelers that suffered carnage last year.  Roberts mishap was because the trees did not duck for his tree top level full throttle low pass!  I can still remember the sound...   
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

bfeist

Funfly jitters are what this hobby is all about. Plus, we now have the legendary line from Rob said to his spotter (me): "What tree? [bang!] Oh, you mean that tree??"

Bigstik

One rather optimistic fella said that crashing was a way to upgrade.

Bigstik
Bigstik