2013 War Birds Day Fun Fly, Cancelled!

Started by Papa, May 25, 2013, 08:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

The wind forecast has been getting progressively worse all day and now stands at 30Km/h with gusts to 48Km/h. That would certainly take the fun out of the fun Fly not to mention the potential for damage to some expensive models. Although the wind is forecast from the North West there is a concern for safety when flying in such conditions.

I apologise for any inconvenience, I held off as long as I could in the hope it might improve but no such luck. This looks like it's going to be a very windy Summer.

I will reschedule for a weekend where conditions are more suitable.

Jack Higgins, Event Coordinator.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

Can I say, for the record, it's not my vegetarian BBQs and Chilli that are making it windy.

This was a tough call, but the right one, Jack.  I'm sure everyone is disappointed, but it certainly wouldn't have been any fun trying to fly in 30+ kmh winds.

I can't wait for the re-scheduled event. No excuse now Bill, for getting the Mossie finished.

piker

Ya.  I'm disappointed too, but it's a good call.  I'd rather have a warbird fly when we can enjoy the flying rather than worry about crashing!

Robert

Michael

Agreed. Too bad, but the right decision.

Michael

Wingnutz

Good call and timing Jack, Simon and Exec.
I still think there may be a connection between Simon's diet and windy conditions  ;D and I'll have to dream up a new excuse if I don't finish the Mozzie for the re-scheduled event...I know! It's Jack's fault!
He keeps reminding me I have Norseman homework!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Bobmic

So no War birds fun fly yet and I am still waiting for a replacement retract for the P40B which I have managed to fly twice up until now.
Attached is a video a took of the maiden flight about a week ago.

http://youtu.be/-XEJPwAtA9o
Bobby

Gregor77

Great video. Makes me want to work on mine. Hope my retracts work. Lol.

Bobmic

Thank you Greg - I am sure they will.
I will let you know once I get the replacement maybe I will go to the field on one of the evenings this week.

Bobby

Gregor77

Bobby, tonight is going to be the best night!  I am going to remaiden a warbird hopefully.

Bobmic

I will not be able to get to the field tonight ...
Need to plan in advance and take everything with me in the morning.

Michael

Quote from: Gregor77 on May 27, 2013, 08:54:16 AM
Bobby, tonight is going to be the best night!  I am going to remaiden a warbird hopefully.

Greg remaidened his Spitfire, and he did a great job!

2 terrific flights with superb landings!
Michael