The Canadian Cancer Society is looking for a few good pilots

Started by Adam Amer, May 26, 2013, 10:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Amer

Hello,

On June 21st, 7pm to 11pm we are hoping to find two caring individuals who have quadra-copters with GoPro's attached to them to help out in an event for the Canadian Cancer Society.

We are hoping to get Ariel shots of our annual Relay for Life event in North York which usually has 1000 people attend and raises approximately $475,000 at this one event alone. Across Canada these events raise over $50 million to help cancer patients through medical research, transportation, financial assistance as well telephone, group and in person mentoring and counseling, education and lobbying for law chance with the Government of Canada.

This year we will have a special light display in the center of the stadium we rent for the event that would be stunning to see from 30 - 50 feet up in the air. The entire event is extremely moving and we highly recommend that you hang out as much as you like for free as there will be live bands, music, free food (Hero Burger, Pizza Pizza, and various other sponsors) and you would given VIP parking as a courtesy.

Should you be interested in helping out, please call Adam Amer at 416-797-3799 or by email [email protected] . Help us make cancer history!

Thank you in advance and if you know of any place that would be better suited to ask this request on, please let me know. With less than a month to go we are pretty scrambled!

Regards,
Adam Amer
Chairmen of Event Operations, The Canadian Cancer Society

sihinch

Hi Adam,

What a great cause, thank you for all your hard work.

I'm not a quad pilot, so I'm afraid I can't help.

I do know from the MAAC guidelines and insurance that Flying models in a public arena requires special consideration.  Safety is always paramount and should anything fail it could cause injury or property damage.

I would recommend that you chat with either Ron at Pinnacle Hobby (905 471 9634) who has experience with models in the film industry, or Brad Egan (905 830 1801) who is the MAAC Director for South East Ontario.

Sorry we could not be more helpful. I wish you every success with your event.

Best Regards,
Simon