TEMAC Float Fly, June 14/15 at Frenchman's Bay!!!

Started by piker, June 06, 2013, 11:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

O.K. guys,  I'm giving you lots of notice this time.

Jack has a float fly tentatively set for Friday evening, the 14th of June.  He had it located at Preston Lake, but since I only just got back in touch with Fred (our Preston Lake host), after the long winter, I don't think it's fair to invade his space yet.  We'll save that for July   ;D

So, let's plan to get together at Frenchman's Bay, at 5;00pm on Friday the 14th, with Saturday the 15th, at 5:00pm as a weather back-up plan.  Get your float planes ready and look forward to a most excellent day at the beach!

Here's the usual map for your reference:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Whites+Rd/Regional+Rd+38&daddr=Beachpoint+Promenade&hl=en&ll=43.813318,-79.103065&spn=0.02177,0.041156&sll=43.812334,-79.093167&sspn=0.002721,0.005144&geocode=FfOWnAIdhs5I-w%3BFaaFnAIdJCZJ-w&t=m&mra=me&mrsp=1,0&sz=18&z=15

If you have any question, let me know!

Robert

piker

Some pictures for inspiration:

bfeist

Great photos! Those must have been taken before the-year-of-the-wind.

piker

Sorry for the late notice, but the weather forecast for Friday evening is not looking good.  The wind forecast, in the evening, is 20km with gusts of 33km.  That'll make for some lousy float flying.  However, the forecast for Saturday is only 10km winds during the day which means there's a very good chance the wind will calm right down in the evening...

SO, I'm changing the float flying get together to Saturday, June 15th, starting at 5:00pm til dark.  I hope everyone can make it and the change doesn't mess up your plans too much.

It's going to be a great evening of float flying.  I think Michael will be out to test fly some new planes, including his micro Macchi MC-72!

http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,3850.0.html

See Ya'll at the beach!!!!

Robert

Michael

I'm looking forward to this.

I have up to 4 maiden flights to do from water.  ;D

Michael

Michael

Great time!

Despite the wind, two successful maidens for me.

;D
Michael

Kenvention2

Arrived just after 7pm and still had time for 7 easy flights before dark. I thought I was seeing double at first ;)

Very cool temps changed to really warm when the wind shifted. Must have gone up 10 degrees in half an hour. Nice night for flying.

Ken

Michael

Special thanks to Robert for cleaning up the beach, and for setting up and using his retrieval boat whenever necessary!

Michael

Gregor77