E F1 Pylon Introduction At Orangeville R/C Flyers

Started by Polecat, June 11, 2013, 09:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

E F1 Pylon Introduction and Practice Sat. June 22, 10am to 2pm. Temac members are welcome, bring your Nooners.
PM me for details or directions.
Ken

sihinch

Polecat

Quote from: sihinch on June 11, 2013, 09:23:48 AM
Sadly I can't make it Ken.

Hope you have fun.
Simon Hoping for some good weather and not too windy. Up here its always windy.
Planning another pylon day on July 20, that will be the last one for the year, as there is corn planted all around the flying strip. We use part of a full size aircraft landing strip.

Ken

sihinch

Ededge2002

Ken thanks for the invite! 
I'm considering going and wondered if I needed anything special as I understand helmets are frequently worn at these races.  I do not have an EF1 airplane but would like to see some racing.  I do have a couple "speed 400" models including the Nooner and Pyro that I would like to try on the course if an opportunity arose.   
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Polecat

Quote from: Ededge2002 on June 11, 2013, 10:15:55 AM
Ken thanks for the invite! 
I'm considering going and wondered if I needed anything special as I understand helmets are frequently worn at these races.  I do not have an EF1 airplane but would like to see some racing.  I do have a couple "speed 400" models including the Nooner and Pyro that I would like to try on the course if an opportunity arose.   
Hi Ed
Come over on the 22 of June and bring you fast stuff, a couple of the guys have the little speed planes. We can put you on the three pole course and call you around the pylons.
Also you could follow Greg and Mike over from Newmarket.

Ken

thehaze

Can't wait!

I'm bringing both my nooner and my sundowner. Flying around a 3 pylon course is something else let me tell you.

I think a non-sanctioned Nooner Race is in order for that day.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Polecat

Quote from: thehaze on June 11, 2013, 12:18:12 PM
Can't wait!

I'm bringing both my nooner and my sundowner. Flying around a 3 pylon course is something else let me tell you.

WE can do that, Greg and Mike, I'll put you guys on a 9 lap handicap and Ed with 10 laps, as he was the guy to beat at Temac.
Is that OK Ed.

Ededge2002

[/quote]
WE can do that, Greg and Mike, I'll put you guys on a 9 lap handicap and Ed with 10 laps, as he was the guy to beat at Temac.
Is that OK Ed.
[/quote]

Only if I can fly in the opposite direction.

thehaze

Quote from: Polecat on June 11, 2013, 05:17:48 PM
Quote from: thehaze on June 11, 2013, 12:18:12 PM
Can't wait!

Is that OK Ed.

Ed only won because I wasn't there...

Polecat

E F 1 Cancelled today because of very windy conditions. Hope to get a practice day in July.

Ken

Ededge2002

Stop the wind turbines they are what's causing all the wind!

Disappointed today was canceled but please post any new dates.

Thanks Ken even though we know there is a plot to not have the temac boys fly there. Scared?

battlestu

Ken might be worried about you... Mike and I didn't bring our best the last time we were there  ;D
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

thehaze

I was hoping to put my last trip behind me today.

I even charged two batteries! That's how optimistic I was.

Polecat

Quote from: Ededge2002 on June 22, 2013, 08:18:46 AM
Stop the wind turbines they are what's causing all the wind!

Disappointed today was canceled but please post any new dates.

Thanks Ken even though we know there is a plot to not have the temac boys fly there. Scared?
We are all disappointed, as there was going to be a good turn out of 10 guys and I was planning to have some two plane heats.
Also was going to have a Nooner race, you fly 10 laps, Greg and Mike 9 laps, just wanting to see how good you are and if you could lap them for the win. We could have put up some bucks on the race.
Here is some dates, I am looking at, pick the one best for you, as I hope to get a good turn out. This will be the last one for the year as the corn will be very high come Sept.
July 6 Sat.,13 Sat.,20 Sat. or Sun. 21.

Ken