2013 Jets Day

Started by Michael, June 23, 2013, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Thanks to Jack and everyone who organized this event.

The weather forecast, high temperature and humidity did keep the number of participants lower than last year, but it was still fun to fly and see jets, and the hotdogs were great!
Michael

sihinch

I echo Michaels comments. Due to car trouble, the number of jets I brought was limited. But I think quality beat quantity - I do love the look of my Sea Harrier in the air.

I'd like to acknowledge Jack, Michael, both Hazelton brothers and Mr. Pike for their help. And a special thanks to Ken "Lucky" Ross for getting the ketchup and mustard (because I forgot it!)

As always, Andy was busy with the camera. Thank you for always capturing our events, Andy - we appreciate your artistry and skills.

I can't wait for next year!

P.s. my wife brought home made shortbread up for those of you elsewhere!!!!

battlestu

It was hot as heck but I had great time... Can't wait for the next event!
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

thehaze

Quote from: battlestu on June 23, 2013, 08:12:15 PM
It was hot as heck but I had great time... Can't wait for the next event!

Always a good time when I'm flying planes at my summer home. I also felt the hot dogs were great.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on June 23, 2013, 06:59:16 PM
I echo Michaels comments. Due to car trouble, the number of jets I brought was limited. But I think quality beat quantity - I do love the look of my Sea Harrier in the air.

I'd like to acknowledge Jack, Michael, both Hazelton brothers and Mr. Pike for their help. And a special thanks to Ken "Lucky" Ross for getting the ketchup and mustard (because I forgot it!)

As always, Andy was busy with the camera. Thank you for always capturing our events, Andy - we appreciate your artistry and skills.

I can't wait for next year!

P.s. my wife brought home made shortbread up for those of you elsewhere!!!!

You just have to know that Greg Hazelton took the absolute best PHOTO of the YEAR.  He captured brother Mike launching one of Simon's jets - while eating a hot dog at the same time!!  The artistry of this shot, which I am sure you will see in a Tickler soon, is overwhelming.  Talk about brotherly love!!

And Lesley's scratchbuilt shortbread cookies were absolutely to die for !!  Totally !!

Thanks you guys.

Andy

bfeist

I need to see that photo. I smell TEMAC homepage.

imran1042

is Jets day going to be re scheduled?
Any day at the field is a good day :)

thehaze

Why? You can't reschedule something that happened.

Time to get ready for the next event.

imran13

Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

battlestu

just a few shots from Jets day
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Wicked photos Greg, thanks for posting!

Ededge2002

I agree thanks for posting the pictures and try to get some more posted!
I was busy working away at home and missed the event but the photos help.
I will admit I'm not much of a scale or edf/jet guy but the photos have a very real and full scale look to them. Well done
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

And the urban legend of the "hot dog launch" remains underground.....

Was it real? Did it really happen? Is it a myth? Who is Kaiser Soze?

thehaze

Anyone who can pull of the famous "hot dog launch" is destined to become a legend.

imran13

I'll try it at the next event :D
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.