SPADES: sparring at the Bramal-E-Fly

Started by Frank v B, July 13, 2013, 10:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Did some Nooner sparring at the Bramal-E-Fly with Glenn and Ben using carefully placed invisible pylons.  Was happy with my speed and managed tighter turns than both of them.
Glenn scared the **** out of me when his Nooner flew out of control at full speed within 10 feet of my head at 6' altitude and hit dirt 30 feet away.  Found the battery 50 feet from the impact point and the motor about 75' away.  Glenn says he will re-build.  Blames it on a brain fart (accidentally had it on high rates).

A lot of fun. ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bfeist

Quote from: Frank v B on July 13, 2013, 10:05:22 PM
Did some Nooner sparring at the Bramal-E-Fly with Glenn and Ben using carefully placed invisible pylons.  Was happy with my speed and managed tighter turns than both of them.
Glenn scared the **** out of me when his Nooner flew out of control at full speed within 10 feet of my head at 6' altitude and hit dirt 30 feet away.  Found the battery 50 feet from the impact point and the motor about 75' away.  Glenn says he will re-build.  Blames it on a brain fart (accidentally had it on high rates).

A lot of fun. ;D

Frank

I needed a haircut anyway. :)

battlestu

did some sparing with Ed this afternoon... I'll need a lot more practice before the next race
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"