Frenchman's Bay Float Fly - August 3!

Started by piker, July 31, 2013, 03:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Ya know.  These float flyers are a hardy bunch.  Any person in their right mind would have considered last night to be a right-off for float flying, but after some time to give the weather a chance to improve, people seemed to get impatient and decided to go for it.  And before we knew it, we were enjoying a very fun, exciting, and rewarding float fly! 

It was Simon who was the first in the air with his Formosa on floats,  Then Glenn followed with a test flight... that's right, a maiden in what would be a scale hurricane and 10ft waves!  Everyone else, like Michael, Jack, Nestor, me "dove in" and flew and flew and flew!  Can you believe that not only did Greg H bring out his newly set-up float plane with own designed and built floats, but HE even went for what was to be his first time flying from water!  Awesome!

I tell ya, if these guys can handle those conditions, there's no holding back this float flying thing.  We gotta keep it up.  Next week again for sure... I'll post an event shortly.  And the weather HAS to be better!

Oh ya, and despite the crazy wind (the weather actually looks quite nice in the pictures (thanks Greg), but don't let that fool you), no planes were harmed in the making of that fantastic get together.   ;D

Robert

Papa

It was all Piker's fault. His enthusiasm is infectious.
Flying off water is different but a good different.

Thank you Robert, we would not be able to share this experience without your recovery vehicle and support.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"