TEMAC Fun Fly 2013!

Started by piker, August 20, 2013, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Just want to wish everyone "fun times" at the Fun Fly tomorrow.  Sorry I can't be there but I hope everyone has an awesome day.  I hope friendships, old and new, are enjoyed and can't wait to see photos of the wonderful models that I'm sure will be there.

Cheers!
Simon

Gregor77

There will be tons of pictures. Weather looks good and we are all excited. Just going to leave the house to get some last minute surprises for the event. Sorry you can't be there. But from the images you sent on FB I would swap anytime to place in your sisters castle. Oh that doesn't sound good. But have a good time!

piker

It won't be the same without you, Simon, but we'll do our best to choke back the tears and get on with the fun   ;D

I'll be there early and I'll bring my Zero, Sparrow Hawk, Nooner, Foamy Spitfire (for formation flying), and the SE5a.

BTW, my Flyzone Spitfire, stock set-up, flies at 57mph during a level pass   :)

Robert

Ededge2002

Quote from: piker on August 24, 2013, 11:07:56 AM

BTW, my Flyzone Spitfire, stock set-up, flies at 57mph during a level pass   :)

Robert

57 Mph?  wow!

http://youtu.be/mMGaLhTdhOc
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

piker

;D  I never said it was fast...

imran1042

Quote from: Michael on August 20, 2013, 07:41:05 PM
Quote from: Gregor77 on August 20, 2013, 06:50:44 PM
What about restored scratch builds?

Could be best scale, could be best sport, is it a multi-motor; could be best multi.

Could be CD's choice; could be pilots' choice.

I'm going to try for that, i'm gonna restore my crashed scratch build :D
Any day at the field is a good day :)

Frank v B

I will have at least a dozen airplanes there.  I will just open up the back of my car and fly what suits me at the time.

Yes, my 14" span and 18" span Pitts are coming!!  I have to re-build them every time I land.  The little one either goes ballistically fast or it just decides it doesn't want to fly any more and literally tumbles out of the sky at half throttle.  Go fast or go home. ;D
Hey Jack, I am bringing my F27 (twin)!!  finally.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

thehaze

What an awesome day at TEMAC!

Many thanks to Jack and his crew for organizing such a fun event and making TEMAC a fun place to spend an afternoon.

Right now although I'm pretty happy with the win in the Nooner racing, the recognition of my friends for my work as CFI means the most to me, and rest assured the certificate will find a place of honour in my workshop for years to come.

Now I shall enjoy a cold beer and put my feet up and rest in the satisfaction of an excellent day of flying.

Mike
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Michael

The 10th annual TEMAC funfly was our best ever!

The day started with casual flying, with many planes in the air ranging from Frank's micros to Robert's, Andre's and my quarter scale planes, several big jets and super-fast competition models.
Next was a terrific lunch (nothing beats barbeque hotdogs at the field  ;D ), and then we had our Nooner races.

After some more funflying we had an auction of items donated by local hobby stores, and then more flying.
We also had 7 WW2 models in the air flying coordinated (or trying to) at the same time.

Ben and Ed flew their super fast competition gliders together; Jack and Eric flew their Norsemans together, and then there was more WW2 flying.

After that we gave out 12 awards (photos to come soon) and then more flying.

I would guess we had at least 40 cars parked at the field, and about 150 model airplanes.

It was a totally enjoyable day!

Sorry you missed it Simon.
Michael

bfeist

Quote from: thehaze on August 25, 2013, 07:23:59 PM
What an awesome day at TEMAC!

Many thanks to Jack and his crew for organizing such a fun event and making TEMAC a fun place to spend an afternoon.

Right now although I'm pretty happy with the win in the Nooner racing, the recognition of my friends for my work as CFI means the most to me, and rest assured the certificate will find a place of honour in my workshop for years to come.

Now I shall enjoy a cold beer and put my feet up and rest in the satisfaction of an excellent day of flying.

Mike

Note Mike's new profile photo :) Nicely done.

eric

Just wanted to echo the other guys and say what a great day it was; the best fun fly yet for sure. The shear volume and diversity of planes was tremendous. Thanks to all who took part in organizing a super day of flying and fellowship.

Eric

imran1042

It was an amazing day, i only got 4 flights but the main reason i actually go is to be in such a amazing atmosphere, talk to everyone and watch everyone fly. You guys are amazing and whether or not i fly, i have a amazing time :) Thanks to everyone that makes this happen :)
Any day at the field is a good day :)

Ededge2002

To be honest despite the super amazing time I had today nothing about it is a surprise.

We have gleaned a group of spectacular individuals to call friends and fellow club mates. Our executive does all in the name of fun with no hidden agenda.  I just hope others are feeling the same as I am right now.

Proud to be a member 
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

battlestu

what a way to end a vacation :) ... good times, good food, awesome planes, and a great bunch of friends to spend the day with!

can't wait for number 11!
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

imran13

Couldn't agree more with Ed!

Today was a really awesome day, and I enjoy every single minute watching all those planes in the air, from the little micros to Rob's and Michael's giant-scale aircraft.

Congrats to everyone who won an award, but I think its most important to mention a few: 1)Special congrats to Mike for being a great CFI and that's an award very well deserved; 2)Congrats to Rob for the Pilot's choice award with the SE5.

I had a great time today, and I met quite a few new people, learned new things, acquired a few new additions to my rapidly growing hangar ;D
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.