TEMAC Forum updated

Started by bfeist, October 27, 2013, 01:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfeist

I've updated the TEMAC forum to the latest security release. Please post any issues in this thread.
Thanks,
Ben

imran13

Hey Ben,

I don't know if this has to do with your security patch, but the forum gave me an error when trying to upload 20 photos. All the photo sizes are under 3000KB each, so that should be fine.

Thanks,
Imran
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

sihinch

For use on the website you ideally need to use photos in the 75-300kB range, in my opinion.

Use a resizing tool, like windows image resizer.

We don't need big photos using up all our virtual web cloud storage thingy! I think we pay for the amount of storage/size of the website.

If people want a copy of the original in larger size they can ask you to send them one. That's what I do with Andy's photos.

imran13

Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

gmcnic

Nice work on the forum and website, Ben!

Perhaps it is just me, but since the website was updated, I find the photos in the gallery only show the top 66% or so when I click on them to enlarge.  Is there something I need to do in order to see the entire photos?

Cheers,
Graham

bfeist

Quote from: gmcnic on October 29, 2013, 06:14:43 AM
Nice work on the forum and website, Ben!

Perhaps it is just me, but since the website was updated, I find the photos in the gallery only show the top 66% or so when I click on them to enlarge.  Is there something I need to do in order to see the entire photos?

Cheers,
Graham

Hmmm. That's not good.
What browser are you using might I ask, and which gallery were you viewing?

gmcnic

IE 9
Ver. 9.08112.16421

It happens in any of the galleries I look at now.
I can send you some screen shots if that would be helpful.

Andy Hoffer

I'm puttin money on Ben telling you that you should be using Google Chrome (although I have no idea why that should make any difference to how a photo gets displayed) !!  :D

Andy

gmcnic

Here's a sample taken from the Skills Challenge gallery.
(Sorry boys for unintended removal below the femur bones... ;))

bfeist

Thanks for all of the detail. I've recreated in ie10. It appears that ie doesn't respect the ratio resizing that the other browsers do. There's no mention of this on the lightbox plugin support site. I'll ask and see what they come back with. Until then, take Andy's advice and move to Google Chrome :)