Slipstream

Started by sihinch, December 08, 2013, 09:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

Looking very neat and workmanlike. Well done!

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

piker

Quote from: sihinch on January 18, 2014, 12:42:01 PM
... spurred on by Greg H. I woke at 6am and couldn't stop thinking about the "next steps" so I got up and started building!  ???

Jack,  I believe the 2014 racing season has already begun!  So far Simon has a slight lead, but Greg is close behind!

Papa

Yuh Think?

What about the silent ones.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

battlestu

I think Simon is going to win this race ;)... Took today off from building to keep my ice pilot status
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

thehaze

Looks great. Spring can't come soon enough.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

sihinch

Thanks everyone.  Here's the last shot of the plane with an unpainted fuse, showing the wings on.

Today I've been doing the servo cut-outs.  Now need to solder the extensions to the servos and feed them through the wing. Right pain!  >:(

piker

Very nice!

I first noticed this at the Pilot's Meeting...  Those tail surfaces look SO tiny!  I assume they'll look more normal when the elevator is added.  Will there be a rudder?  Maybe they're a suitable size because of the long tail moment... or maybe not  ;D

Ededge2002

Simon you have outdone yourself. That is a beautiful build quality and you should be proud of it. The before paint photos show a very nicely built fuselage.

I would gladly campaign it if you were looking for an experienced champion pilot.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

It's starting to look faster!  ;)

Andy Hoffer

Wow!  It has even assumed the obligatory TEMAC landing attitude!!

Bravo!

Andy

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

Lookin' good!  But is there something wrong with the top side?  It looks like it's hiding it's face.

Hey!  That's silver fuselage looks great!  What kind of paint did you use?

sihinch

The top of the wing isn't covered! So yes, it's hiding!

Paint is Tamiya spray can. Regular silver leaf TS-30, I think.  I then did 1 coat of WBPU varnish.

sihinch

I've had my head in the sand about 1 thing during this whole build....well, maybe 2 actually! Weight and CG.

I decided that I couldn't hide any longer and needed to weigh my model, yesterday.  Now this is the weight without ailerons, and no aileron control rods, so finished weight will be slightly heavier, but I was delighted by what I saw!

First photo is fuse only, with motor, ESC, RX, elevator servo and lipo.

Second photo is the wing laid on top of all the above, so AUW.

Now I just need to figure out where to put the CG......I'm going to use the LAR method!  ;)

piker

That wing top covering is going to add about 100g!  And don't forget about your racing stripes!