Greg Hazelton's Racer Build Blog.

Started by battlestu, December 16, 2013, 03:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battlestu

Stopped off at Pinnacle this morning looking for some scratch. Never did find some but i did walk away with some balsa and plywood.

I'm hoping it will fly just as well as the "scratch built" racers i keep hearing about.

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Papa

I was there this morning and this is one ASS KICKER. You guys better be on your game when this one flies.

Way to go Greg.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

It looks just like mine! :-)

battlestu

Quote from: Papa on December 16, 2013, 04:04:08 PM
I was there this morning and this is one ASS KICKER. You guys better be on your game when this one flies.

Way to go Greg.

Jack.

Bingo we have a name ;)...... Thanks Jack

battlestu

Quote from: sihinch on December 16, 2013, 04:26:03 PM
It looks just like mine! :-)

To the untrained eye they would look the same.... Mine will have many mistakes, maybe some up thrust (I haven't installed the firewall yet), and something installed backwards :)

wollins

It'll be all I can do to finish these flying boats that I'm hoping to build for next season so I'm guessing that I won't have the time to build a racer, so are there any ARFS that meet the "rules"? :) I'm kinda tired of the Nooner as well.

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

sihinch

I couldnt find anything else other than the Nooner, COlin.

The issue was the 10% airfoil.  Lots of ARFs and kits with >180sq.in but nothing that I found with >10% airfoil.

There is a Cavalihno that has 12% airfoil, but it is less than 180 sq.in.

piker

I'm glad to see the rules are forcing building and innovation vs. purchasing :-)  The anti-ARF rules!  Yay!

Papa

Pictures would help.

A little dissertation on the concept.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

thehaze

Now put down those chips and get to work!

No pressure...
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Frank v B

Guys,

Let the boy build. 

It first requires a lot of thought, then some purchases, then some courage, then some time off from family responsibilities.*  Once he makes the first cut and glues the first joints it will gain momentum.  Just looks at Simon's project.

Frank

* from Mike's post about putting down the chips, maybe this project requires an infusion of beer. :D
"Never trade luck for skill"

battlestu

to answer a few questions... everyone of my builds has some chip dust in the them. It's like magic pixie dust.

A dissertation eh... well it all started with all the bad luck i had last season. Knowing this year i could build my own plane i started to looking online for something. After a lot of looking and talking with Simon we found a plane (with some modification) that should do well or dare i say win :)

Here are a few shots of the build so far

sihinch

Polecat

Greg you are doing fine, just tell everyone that you built a F 1 Toni, so this little plane will be a easy build.
I wouldn't put anymore pictures of your build on, keep the secrets to yourself, just remember you are pylon racing, you don't tell anyone a thing!!!
Go Fast Turn Left, Kick A$$

Ken

battlestu