Skywriter 2014 Build Class

Started by sihinch, March 06, 2014, 08:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

;D    I haven't started yet, but soon.

And we're going to have a new member (to the scratch building class) joining the build soon too!

Papa

I'm doing mine in Wine and Cream with Gold Trim.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

piker

bfeist

Hi everyone,
Below is a Skywriter build document I've created using the postings of the original Skywriter designer on the British website he belongs to (http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=76286).

If anyone would like a printed copy, I might be able to print and bind some to bring to the next build meeting. Let me know.

Download PDF

Ben

piker

Holy Crap!  You created an instruction manual for the build!  Great work, Ben.  That'll make the build much easier for everyone.

Thanks for doing that!

Papa

Stop Press!

News!

The next meeting has been moved from the 19th to the 26th. Kumar forgot he had a booking for 60 customers that evening and also Robert would be unable to attend. Same place same time.

Michael has decided to join us although he may be somewhat impatient and get ahead of us

Robert will build from scratch using his own techniques and style. This will be the result of years of building experience and we are fortunate to have access to his skills.

I will build from scratch using Ben's excellent build blog compilation. Thank you Ben. This will form am interesting comparison between Robert's and mine.

Greg Hazelton may also be building from scratch.

This so exciting!

Jack.

A motto to live by:

piker

Yikes!  That's a lot of hype.  I guess I had better figure out something good.

I'm glad the next meeting date has changed as I really want to be there.

And we all have to make sure Michael doesn't build ahead.  That guy needs discipline!   ;D

sihinch

Thanks so much, Ben!  That's awesome.

I've nearly finished the rudder tonight....not as much progress as I'd hoped.  :-\

Wingnutz

Any chance all you eager beavers could post weights of your framed up empennages? I'm trying to figure out how I want to frame/build since the plan build is heavy?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

sihinch

My aim tonight is to build the vertical stab, and to sand the rudder.  I will post weights of those 2 when I'm done, Bill.

I like the frame of the horizontal stab in the build instruction that Ben got us.  I may go that route rather than the ply top & bottom.

piker

I'm looking, but can't find...

Didn't Jack post the weights of his, and Franks tail sections recently?

Papa

And now the only weights I will admit to.

Fin                 15g
Rudder          11g
Stab              53g
Elevator        21g (includes wire joiner).

Jack.
A motto to live by:

sihinch

My fin is 10g.

Just finished the vertical stab but the glue is drying.  Will weigh it when I can.

Papa

That's a rudder not a fin??

Jack.
A motto to live by:

sihinch