2014 Flight instruction

Started by thehaze, April 21, 2014, 11:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

We're baaaaaackkkkk!!!!!!!

It's what you've been all waiting for!! Flight training!

The 2014 edition of the TEMAC flight training program starts Wednesday May 7th @6:00pm. And will take place every Wednesday after that until Labour day. Weather permitting of course. I'll post to this thread on Tuesday night or Wednesday mornings to confirm whether we are a go or not.

Anyone is welcome to participate. However, for pilots without wings, instruction is mandatory.  Pilots entering the program are encouraged to read the sticky topics in the instruction forum for information on models, equipment, etc. Please note that a buddy box system is required for all new pilots. Minimally, you will need a trainer cord, however a 2nd controller (aka a buddy box may be required). Please check with me if your radio system is compatible with the ones commonly used at the club.

Any questions please ask. See you at the field!

Mike
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Andy Hoffer

Yay Mike!  Will you be including lessons on how to "back taxi " down the driveway?!!!  ;D

Definitely a key part of the spring training curriculum!!

Andy

imran1042

Would it count as "instruction" if someone with their wings (me) were to come and fly scary planes on buddy box? - Giving people without their wings priority.
Any day at the field is a good day :)

sihinch

Imran

We welcome that kind of thing!!

The instruction isn't just for new pilots, it's for anyone. People without wings may be given priority but the instruction program also covers people wanting to improve skills in other areas with an instructor.

You may need to find an instructor experienced enough and brave enough to fly your scary plane!

Lol

thehaze

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on April 23, 2014, 12:06:23 AM
Yay Mike!  Will you be including lessons on how to "back taxi " down the driveway?!!!  ;D

Definitely a key part of the spring training curriculum!!

Andy

Only if you pay for the deluxe training package.

thehaze

Quote from: imran1042 on April 23, 2014, 05:36:05 PM
Would it count as "instruction" if someone with their wings (me) were to come and fly scary planes on buddy box? - Giving people without their wings priority.

Simon is wise. He said it all.

So how scary is this scary model?

imran1042

Quote from: thehaze on April 23, 2014, 07:45:19 PM
Quote from: imran1042 on April 23, 2014, 05:36:05 PM

Simon is wise. He said it all.

So how scary is this scary model?

YAY  ;D  Just my Tigershark, I've flown it before but i'm really scared to fly it again.. it's so fast and small :o
Any day at the field is a good day :)

Ededge2002

I'm not afraid!

OK trainers scare me a little
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

frajolex

Hey!  good news! I'm enrolling tomorrow so I can take my lessons as soon as possible!

I have a Dx6i, is this radio compatible with the instructor's radio?
Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

ppalumbo

Hi Mike, I'm new to the club however I do have my wings from way back (Humber Valley 1990).  I understand I need to have a flight check with instructor, is this also done on Wednesdays and if so are there any other days/nights available?

P.S. Fantastic job on the new runway everyone.  It was nice to see and meet many of the members out lending a hand. The runway looks great!  I thought I would have a tough time lining up for landings however after a few passes.. no problem. Guess that makes me officially flight #3.

Thanks
Peter

battlestu

Quote from: frajolex on May 05, 2014, 10:55:13 PM
Hey!  good news! I'm enrolling tomorrow so I can take my lessons as soon as possible!

I have a Dx6i, is this radio compatible with the instructor's radio?

I'll bring out my DX5 tomorrow; it will be compatible with your radio.

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

thehaze

Quote from: ppalumbo on May 06, 2014, 09:23:38 AM
Hi Mike, I'm new to the club however I do have my wings from way back (Humber Valley 1990).  I understand I need to have a flight check with instructor, is this also done on Wednesdays and if so are there any other days/nights available?

P.S. Fantastic job on the new runway everyone.  It was nice to see and meet many of the members out lending a hand. The runway looks great!  I thought I would have a tough time lining up for landings however after a few passes.. no problem. Guess that makes me officially flight #3.

Thanks
Peter

Sure thing Peter. Someone can do a check flight with you tomorrow.

frajolex

Greg, what time are you planning to arrive @ Rogo? I've noticed I don't have the buddy cable, do you have one by any chance?   :'(
Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

sihinch

Training starts officially at 6pm.

sihinch

So far, it looks like we have a 60% chance of rain tonight, so there is a high chance that training will be cancelled today.  I know, I know - sorry!

I will review the weather and post an update on here at lunch time, when we see how much rain has rolled in.

As much as people want to fly, it's really miserable standing in a field with wind and rain coming at you.  :'(