Bramal-E-fly '14: LAST SATURDAY!

Started by Frank v B, May 13, 2014, 05:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

We had a great day yesterday at the Bramal-E-Fly.  Thanks for attending and thanks to Drew, Ken, Tony and Rocco for organizing it.

Things you should know:
- Jack worked his magic and diverted the rain away from us and sent it over the car racing at the CNE.  It spit a bit at lunch and that was it.  The Toronto Indy was cancelled so we got off easy.  Thanks Jack. 
- I got there at 7:15 with Paul Labreche to open the field and left with Tony at 4:30 to close it.
- There were at least 27 pilots, 9 of them were from TEMAC.
- Jeff Allen made it out in his wheel chair.  He is a good student flyer and hopes to solo soon.
- realized afterwards that I only sat down for lunch.  Spent the whole day at the flight line flying, spotting or buddy boxing.
- Paul Hepworth with his noon-time flying routine with his heavy duty electric pattern planes.
- I managed 18 flights with my own planes and 7 more flights with other peoples' planes.  25 flights in total.
- re-maidened 2 of my planes (P-51B, Pitts).  The F-27 twin will have to wait for another day.
- there were no real crashes.  Just a broken nose on my 18" Pitts that was fixed in 5 minutes with Don Kinch's CA.
- the Nooner sparring with Simon.
- great to see Andre W. and Glenn N. flying their twins.
- re-maidened Tony's small P-51 and repaired Extra
- it was most unfortunate it was a Hoffer-free day! ;D

Thanks for the continuing support from the Bramalea Club and TEMAC.  Thanks for the draw prizes that went to Jack, Don, Ken, Jeff and several other lucky flyers.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Hey Frank, do you think you could try to post some of the photos? There was someone with a massive lens!

@Frank v B

Frank v B

Simon,

The guy with the massive lens was Fred.  I asked him for photos but forgot to talk to him after the event and exchange e-mail addresses.  I will contact Drew (pres.) and ask him to get some photos to Jack.

Thanks for attending,

Frank

Frank v B

I have sent a note to Drew and photos are on their way to Jack....sometime soon I hope.

Frank