May 24 Post race comments

Started by thehaze, May 24, 2014, 05:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

A great day for racing at TEMAC. Congrats to Simon and his Slipstream on the win. Some unfortunate, yet spectacular moments for others as well. Made a for a fun afternoon.

Looks like I'm going to need to get faster. If I'm going to make an impact in the standings this year.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

I'm truly delighted and somewhat speechless after the racing today. My flying and the Slipstream exceeded my expectations and ambitions.

I said to Les that I wanted to make the final today but still can't believe I won.

I'm sorry for all those who had mishaps or misfortune today. I think Ed was probably going to catch me in the final if it wasn't for Glenn's bad luck.

Thanks as always to Jack, for selflessly running the event. He's so patient with us, when the adrenaline is flowing.

And even though Frank wasn't there - he is perhaps the most noteworthy person of the day. For the starting contraption. It was like something from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! And it worked - some times! So as usual, Andy rescued us with his acrobatic flag waving and strange cheerleading dances!

The racing is fast and there's a lot of season ahead! Better go and work on my Slipstream v2!

Papa

All you doubters and questioners please note that today's final was contested by the four team captains.
I do get it right some times.

LOL

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"