Apprentice Club!

Started by thehaze, June 26, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

Doing a little research.

Who here owns an Apprentice?
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Gil.E

+1 for me.
2011 model - unSAFE Receiver
"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.

Oscar

adyg

+1 for Brian; 2014 model with SAFE.

octagon

1 for me without SAFE. Didn't like SAFE so switched to a 7 channel Spektrum with satalite.
What could possibly go wrong?

gmcnic

Apprentice S for me and loving it.

If you don't like the SAFE feature, just turn it off. (Position 3)
You will still have the "save me" feature on the trainer switch available as you push your comfort envelope.

octagon

That assumes you have a 3 position switch. the DX6i has only a 2 position switch.
What could possibly go wrong?

gmcnic

For a 2 position switch (channel 5) radio such as the DX6i, you need to adjust the 2 dip switches on the receiver to obtain 2 out of 3 possible flight modes.  There should be a label on the receiver showing the different scenarios in addition to what's in the manual.
Ie.  for Intermediate and Experienced mode, switch 1-off, switch 2-on.

Wingnutz

Still flying my 2009 "unsafe" Apprentice which now has logged nearly 300 flights (must be something safe going on!) on wheels, skis and floats.
Rx,(AR 6210) motor (Power 15) and ESC ( CC Thunderbird 54 A) have been upgraded and I still enjoy flying it! :)
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

BobbyW

Although I'm not a club member, the next time Wingnutz has me out at the field as a guest, I'll be bringing my new Apprentice S... hate the beginner/intermediate mode and all my training so far has been on expert mode. Hope to have my wings on Thursday :-)
Aerofly 5 R/C Flight Simulator for Mac
E-flite Apprentice S 15e RTF
HobbyZone Micro Champ RTF
Spectrum DX8

BobbyW

The Apprentice is taking to the air later this morning, at the Rose City Model Flyers field... finally controlled by a "licensed" pilot :-)
Spectrum DX8

sihinch

Congrats Bobby - I take it you have your wings!

BobbyW

You are correct, Simon... earned them yesterday, and picked them up this AM out at the field... feels good :-)

And thanks for the congrats.
Spectrum DX8

Wingnutz

Congratulations Bob! I watched part of the test procedure the Rose City Club put Bob through. Many "winged" flyers would have difficulty making this grade!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Oscar

Apprentice with floats

Beginner plane -> Night flyer -> FPV plane -> Float plane

This plane amazes me every time.

http://youtu.be/8f1ioMhwtxo