Pylon Racing Triathlon for Piker Class!

Started by Papa, July 06, 2014, 01:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

We have created a new form of pylon racing something like the "all star break" in hockey or baseball. There will be two events, one mid season and one at season's end. It will be a combination of time trial, skills challenge and strategic thinking. It will score points towards a teams total and not individual pilots..

The first triathlon will be Saturday July 26th and the other at the skills challenge in October. here's a chance to come out and cheer on your club member or flight instructor and see what it's all about.

jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

Papa

Good, fear will always keep you on your toes.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Ededge2002

I see these challenges as Very difficult. Cutting the horizontal ribbon will be tough with something as small and as fast as a Nooner. The balloon pop please do not use string to hold the balloons use paper ribbon or there will be a crash if you catch the string and this is also a very difficult task.

I expect this to be a very tough day
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

bfeist

I think Jack is secretly funded by iCare.

piker

I know it seems crazy, but we might as well try it.  How else will we learn what works and what doesn't?  It'll certainly be interesting!

sihinch

I agree, let's try it.  May be a format to try 2S - give some slower speed to increase accuracy and maybe duration vs. speed!

piker

Yep, but why two cells?  They give you a left stick on your Tx for a reason  ;D

sihinch

I can only move one hand at a time..........I cant do 2 things at once!  ;)