Saturday's Triathlon- bring your EF1! Great race!!

Started by Frank v B, July 25, 2014, 09:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Please join Glenn (Pogo), Greg H. (Shoestring), Simon (Nemesis) and myself (Pogo) for an EF1 practice race after the 3 pm Nooner triathlon finishes. 
Our EF-1 planes have to be ready before the triathlon because it counts towards the one hour max we are allowed to use the field for pylon racing before it opens up to the regular membership.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Frank v B

The four of us (Simon, Glenn, Greg and FvB) had a great time doing about a dozen laps for an informal race.  Obviously it was a four-way tie for first place. ;D    Does that make it a four-way tie for last place as well??  Over to you Andy. :D
Found the EF-1 easier to race than the Nooner.  Surprising.  The EF-1's groove whereas the Nooner is twitchy.... even when dialled down and dialled in.

The triathlon was a great event.  Thanks to Jack and Graham for running it, and the pilots for making absolute fools of themselves again... with talent.

Great experience.  Must do it again.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Thanks for the video Michael. What I love is the sound!

These EF1 planes really groove and are so much easier to race than the Nooners/Piker class planes. Just bigger and more expensive! But only slightly, all in.

For those that don't know they run a 1200-1300kV motor with 60A ESC turning an 8x8 prop with a 4S lipo. They weigh about 3.5lbs and make 800+ watts!

Polecat

Nice going guys, a fun day doing laps. Hope to get a day at Orangeville in Sept. or early Oct., so we can get all together.
PM me with some input as to what day you can make it.

Ken