EF-1 race results!! Glenn wins!

Started by Frank v B, August 31, 2014, 08:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

We had two 10 lap races today with our EF-1's and had a great time.  Glenn (Pogo) won the challenge and the Tim card, yours truly (Pogo) was second and Greg H. 3rd (Shoestring).  Close race, no damage.

We decided to have a second race and the racing was nice and close.  I got lucky, Glenn was second and Greg a close 3rd.  We used a flying start with a 10-1 count-down once we found a guy capable of counting to 10... and backwards even. (Graham was elected.  No way Mr. Hoffer could have managed it!  8) )

Just brushing up on our flying skills before our first full race at the end of September in Orangeville with Polecat and his team.

Frank.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Ededge2002

I expect nothing short of TEMAC DOMINATION at the Orangeville race!   You know you want to.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Polecat

Nice going guys, keep practicing. Up at Orangeville we will let you practice fly around the three pole course and a little training of pylon take offs/calling you around the course. After that, a few rounds of racing.
Don't for get to bring you Nooner planes as well.
As of now we have Greg, Simon, Cory, Rick, Ed and myself, looking for 3 or 4 more.
Should be a fun day!!!

Ededge2002

Sorry I unfortunately won't be there Ken. I've moved to Ottawa.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Polecat

Quote from: Ededge2002 on September 01, 2014, 12:37:10 PM
Sorry I unfortunately won't be there Ken. I've moved to Ottawa.

Ed How are things going, I guess you miss the club and the racing. I will miss chatting with you at the swap meets.@Ededge2002

Ken

cpaine

Quote from: Frank v B on August 31, 2014, 08:04:30 PM
We had two 10 lap races today with our EF-1's and had a great time.  Glenn (Pogo) won the challenge and the Tim card, yours truly (Pogo) was second and Greg H. 3rd (Shoestring).  Close race, no damage.

We decided to have a second race and the racing was nice and close.  I got lucky, Glenn was second and Greg a close 3rd.  We used a flying start with a 10-1 count-down once we found a guy capable of counting to 10... and backwards even. (Graham was elected.  No way Mr. Hoffer could have managed it!  8) )

Just brushing up on our flying skills before our first full race at the end of September in Orangeville with Polecat and his team.

Frank.

This is great guys! good to hear. :) ...sounds like we need to get out and knock some rust off!!
I only have 4 battery packs, better bring my chargers too!
Look forward to meeting you guys... Fingers crossed the weather is half decent for us.

cheers

Cory
maac #26951

thehaze

Finally got back at it yesterday at TEMAC after a month long absence.

Had a great time racing with Glenn and Greg. Even though Glenn muscled me out of first place by trying to ram me...  ::)

I'm in for the Orangeville race. Here's hoping the weather agrees with us!
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Polecat

Quote from: thehaze on September 02, 2014, 02:04:38 PM
Finally got back at it yesterday at TEMAC after a month long absence.

Had a great time racing with Glenn and Greg. Even though Glenn muscled me out of first place by trying to ram me...  ::)

I'm in for the Orangeville race. Here's hoping the weather agrees with us!
That's great your coming up Mike and yes I am hoping for good weather, its such a wind tunnel up here.

thehaze

A warning to all Ef-1 pilots... Glenn doesn't give up the lead easily...  ;)
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.