Going to Orangeville Sept 27 for EF-1 racing

Started by Frank v B, September 14, 2014, 08:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Who is coming to Orangeville for the EF-1 flying lessons?  Ken F. has invited us.  We have been invited to bring our Nooners as well.

My Pogo is ready.  Just flew my repaired Nooner this morning at TEMAC.  It is ready to go too.  Greg H's Nooner has been repaired.  We both folded the fuselages the last race when the tail tried to catch up with the nose.

I will be driving because after Orangeville I plan to drop by the Beeton/Bramalea float fly which is on the same day.  Rudie Nagelmakers invited me so I better make an appearance. :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Polecat

Here is a list who is coming as of this date from Temac, Greg, Mike, Simon, Glenn, Frank and the rest Cory, Rick, Ed, Ken and Brent.
I will be getting directions for the Temac guys.
Hoping for warmer weather and lite winds.

Ken

Frank v B

This Saturday- anyone (Simon, Glenn, Mike, Greg) game for meeting somewhere at a Tim's on the 401 to form a convoy?  We should meet at about 8:30 am to get to the flying field and prep our planes in time for the 10:00 flag.
Name the place en-route* and I will be there.

Frank

* I had to put this qualifier to avoid Andy e-mailing me and suggesting I drive to a Tim's in Tuktoyuktuc.

gmcnic

Are spectators allowed?
...just thinking I could potentially be the deputy to the deputy to Andy ??? ;D

sihinch

battlestu

Quote from: gmcnic on September 23, 2014, 08:35:12 PM
Are spectators allowed?
...just thinking I could potentially be the deputy to the deputy to Andy ??? ;D

Spectators are always welcome!

I'd game for meeting up to form a convoy but maybe a bit more north of the 401 (thinking of the car pool area at 400 and HWY 9)

Greg

cpaine

If the weather stays this way, we should have a good day of racing. look forward to it. Ken should have the poles up and ready.
maac #26951

Polecat

Been out at the field, the grass is and the course is laid out. Also a couple practice flights.
When you get to the field, drive out by the yellow ultra lite plane and park on the strip, at the cut pit area.
See all Sat.

Ken

Frank v B

"I'd game for meeting up to form a convoy but maybe a bit more north of the 401 (thinking of the car pool area at 400 and HWY 9)".

I am fine with this car pool area.  Can you give the exact intersection and on which corner/exit.  Let's meet there at 8:30 and go to the field from there.  Roll call so we know who we have to wait for... and Graham, we would love to have you as spectator/photographer/clapper/retriever/gluer/pit man. :D

Frank

sihinch

If we're meeting on the way, how about 8:45hrs as time!

I was planning to leave my house at 8:30am.

battlestu

no problem here is the google map link:

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Highway+400+%26+Hwy+9/@44.028019,-79.59581,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x882ada4fdbe49bd9:0x9abd9f25ffb012a9

But i was talking with @electroflyer (Glenn) lastnight and he was saying there is a country style in the area we could also meet at. He wasn't 100% sure but was going to post the location.

Greg

electroflyer

Hey guys,
As Greg mentioned, we were talking last night and I mentioned that there is a Country Style Donuts at #9 and 27 which I thought might be a convenient place to meet up. It is on the North East Corner of the intersection in New Tecumseh. Let me know what you think.
Glenn

battlestu