IMPORTANT BULLETINS FROM TRANSPORT CANADA re MODEL AIRCRAFT and UAVs

Started by Andy Hoffer, December 06, 2014, 02:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

As a site admin I'm going to lock this topic with the hope that a timeout might make everyone return to their egg nog and in the spirit of which ever holiday you celebrate go back to picking on images of Simon instead of whatever was going on here...
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

sihinch

Papa

Thank you Mike.

In light of the depth of concern and possible misunderstanding of the interpretation of the bulletins I have arranged for some expert help. The January Pilot's Meeting will be attended by Zoltan Pittner, Chairman, MAAC FPV Committee, Brad Egan, MAAC Zone Director, Doug Anderson, Chairman, MAAC Safety Committee and Michael Rogozinsky, MAAC Deputy Zone Director. They are prepared to answer all questions and update us with the latest information.

My personal opinion, based on various contacts with principles involved in negotiations, is that our modeling activities will not be affected to any extent. Transport Canada has an excellent relationship with MAAC and holds MAAC and its Safety Guidelines in very high regard.

High flown rhetoric and misinformed opinions will do nothing to help our side of the coin so I would urge all to wait the final version is released by Transport Canada. The final version will include adjustments negotiated by MAAC on your behalf.

Jack. 
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"