Adrian Page Super Cub

Started by Michael, March 07, 2015, 05:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electroflyer

That will be a perfect repair, grafting the front section to the rear.
Nice work!

Glenn

Michael

Fuselage front and rear cut and trimmed to match. Later on I'll carefully graft/glue them together with braces.

Braces for the custom landing gear and wing struts glued in.

Michael

Michael

The fuselage is going together pretty well. There is still a lot to do, but the basic frame is done.

Eventually, I'll get to the wing. Hopefully, I can use some of the parts; I hope I don't have to build a complete new wing.

Michael

Michael

The fuselage is done, except for the cowl, painting, covering, windows and doors. Servos are in, motor and ECS installed, pilot figure held in by magnets on a platform, and a battery tray with velcro has been installed. I'll leave it like this for now so I can bring it to the build/repair classes.

I did a bit of work on one wing, and it took barely 5 minutes to repair. The other wing is badly damaged, and I'll probably rebuild that from the new kit I have. I'll think about it for a day or so.

Michael

sihinch

Looking really great Michael.  I'm happy for you.

piker

retiredVTT

Question for Adrian...

How far apart are the wheels..?

I'm making up the wire landing gear from 5/32" wire.

thanks,
Bill

Michael

Approx. 14" center of wheel to center of wheel.
Michael

Michael

For the badly damaged side of the wing, I've decided to take a similar but not quite the same approach as I did for the fuselage.

I'll rebuild the badly damaged or missing wing parts as needed, but instead of building new sections and gluing them together, I'll build those parts directly onto the broken wing.

Michael

retiredVTT

Quote from: Michael on November 30, 2015, 07:18:06 PM
Approx. 14" center of wheel to center of wheel.

..thanks Michael,

Bill

Michael

Outer wing tip repaired. Basically I glued parts of new ribs onto broken ribs, added a few braces here and there, and it's done.

The inner part of the wing will be more challenging. Some thought will need to go into that.

Michael

Michael

Slow and steady progress.

Inner wing; all new parts.
Michael

Michael

More progress on the repairs.

Wing halves joined and fitted to the fuselage.
Michael

Michael

Wing struts attached and adjusted.

Servos and wing wiring installed.

Michael

Michael

Repair/construction is almost finished, but details seem to take a lot of time.

More than an hour was spent covering the upper window frame, and another hour covering the inner-upper part of the front of the fuselage.

Michael