Skywriter power readings

Started by Frank v B, May 10, 2015, 10:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

The maiden flight was 26 amps and 350 watts on a 12x6 APC electric prop.  Just changed it to a 12x8 wooden Master Airscrew electric and the readings went up to 36 amps and 540 watts static.  Will fly with this set-up on this Wednesday.

Simon and Michael, what power readings did you get on your maiden set-up?  It would be a nice guide for Jack and Piker when they go to maiden theirs....soon I hope.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

I flew on 4S with an 11x5.5 and got just over 500 watts and just above 30 amps.

Frank v B

Simon,

Interesting.  I suspect Michael would have been flying at approx. 350 watts.
Mine will be a different airplane now at 540 watts (versus 390).

Thanks,

Frank

Michael

I flew mine again today.

Wind was very low, and my plane needs full throttle to climb, but it does rolls and loops, and I was able to fly it slower than yesterday.

Basically, it flew great, and I might leave it as is; although not a scale plane, it flies scale-like.

Michael

Frank v B

Michael,

As long as you like it, it is perfect so keep flying.

Yesterday was a great day seeing all 3 Skywriters take to the sky.  It was over a year ago that we started the build classes.

Why do I hear my wife saying "I can build a kid in less time than it took you to build this model airplane".  ;D  Yes Dear.   8)
Happy Mother's Day.

Frank

Wingnutz

Skywriter#4 reporting...used identical setup to Simon...4S, 11x5.5 APC prop. As Rolls Royce says it...power was "adequate". Never got past 3/4 throttle...sorry, no amps or watts but the model has lots of thrust, but not a lot of speed...all that drag slowed it down!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!