Float flying at Frenchman's Bay Sat 2nd May 5pm is on!

Started by Michael, April 29, 2015, 09:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Is this still on?

My Albatross is ready.

(I never solved the thrust-steering issue, but I did increase rudder throw to 125%.  ;D  )
Michael

wollins

What thrust steering issue? Differential thrust?

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Michael

I have no thrust differential. (No rudder throttle mix)
Michael

piker

Yes!  As far as I'm concerned we are on for Frenchman's Bay for this Saturday... but  6:00 is kinda late.  I think that was just a pace holder that Jack put in the schedule.

I suggest we meet there at 5:00pm so we get a reasonable amount of time to fly before the sun sets.

Michael, can you please change the time in the thread header to 5:00pm?  And thanks for getting the conversation going!

For those new to the float flying events, here is where were meet:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.8164395,-79.114607/43.8127752,-79.0904383/@43.811802,-79.0921878,416m/data=!3m1!1e3

However, if that area of the parking lot is busy, we may go back to our usual spot, which is just a couple hundred feet west along the same road.

I hope everyone can make it out!  The weather looks like it'll be fantastic, and the water on the bay is waiting for us!

See you there!

sihinch

piker

Good work, Simon.  Now come on out and have fun   ;D

sihinch

Michael

Michael

piker

Yes!  I'll be there at 5:00!   

I hope everyone can make it out.  It'll be excellent.

frajolex

Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

frajolex

Reporting from Ajax, winds moderate (15km/h), some gusts @ 25km/h. Sunny, beautiful weather, I'm assuming it is a GO
Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

Michael

Thanks, Robert, for organizing. (The guy who has a retrieval boat is called the organizer.  ;D  )

Robert and I were there first, and were joined by Jack, 2 Kens, Andre, Gerald (from the Toronto RC club), Colin (and his wife and kids).

It was a bit cool and windy, but we got a number of flights in before the wind actually increased.

It was fun!

Michael

Papa

We also had a visit from a blast in the past, Gary Coniam and his companion.

Gary was one of the founding members of TEMAC.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

piker

Thanks for coming out last night, guys.  I'm surprised the wind didn't calm down, which was a little disappointing, but we had fun anyway.

Congratulations to Michael on two excellent test flight... especially the Albatross.  It was wonderful!