2015 Bramal-E-Fly- Saturday, July 18, 9:30-4:00

Started by Frank v B, June 26, 2015, 07:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

The date has just been confirmed. I believe this is the 11th or 12th year for this event and is run by the Bramalea RC Flyers at their flying field on the north-east corner of Sesqui Sports Park at the corner of Bramalea Road and Countryside Drive at the north end of Brampton.

Any electric flyer from any Club is welcome.  There are only two requirements: MAAC Insurance and a sense of humour.

Mr. Higgins of TEMAC will once again be in charge of channelling the luck of the Irish since he is once again in charge of the weather.  He has done well so far. 8)

Will publish more details as they become available.

Frank

ps: you can use it as a practice session for TEMAC's glider contest the next day.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

Draw prizes have been added!

It was just confirmed that there are at least 3 draw prizes available for fliers who participate in the Bramal-E-Fly.  Remember that several people at the Bramalea club work for GreatHobbies and have a lot of pull.... the rest of us just have a lot of need! 8)

I will be there early to set up.  If you have to be at work early or at a family event, I will be opening the field by 7:30. :)

Frank

Frank v B

Thanks to all who participated.  We had about 30 pilots and many more guests.  It was a scorcher of a day.  It started out foggy at 7:15 am and all of sudden at about 11 am the heat was turned on.  Temac was well represented by Greg H., Ben F., Jack, Michael R., Eric and Stefan and yours truly (representing both clubs).  Members of Halton Hills (Don Kinch) and Beeton (Eric) also attended along with many people I did not know.  We went through about 130 drinks (courtesy of Temac) and 75 hot dogs (courtesy of Bramalea).

There were at least 4 people flying FPV  and there were about 6 quads and one hexcopter.  Ken Wilton flew his new flying wing for FPV.
Tony maidened 3 new airplanes (Sbach, twin, Jug).  I maidened my Rifle 1M.  All test flights went well. :)

Greg H. did a walk through the valley...to retrieve his treed airplane, Keith Barrow followed him right down to untree his plane and some of us followed along for the sheer adventure. :D

A great day.  I hope everyone else had a great time.  Jack came as moral support once his knee pain was under control.

Frank

piker

Hey Frank!  I'm glad the FF went well.  I'm sorry I wasn't there.  I was on my way west for a week of camping that day.

But, I'm sure I was missed  :-*