TEMAC Pilots Meeting - Nov 11 - How Not to Crash

Started by Andy Hoffer, November 12, 2015, 07:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

A small but enthusiastic (if somewhat irreverent) group of pilots chewed the fat (and the fish) at Colonel Mustard's last night for the November Pilots Meeting. 

Michael gave a wonderful dissertation on all the ways he has discovered to crash airplanes over the years, in the faint hope that he might be able to pass this hard-won knowledge on to others to save them the pain.  (Good luck with that!) His "First Person View" (Flashdance) simulations of aircraft flight were truly worthy of the National Ballet (1st photo).  Frank was totally awestruck that someone could even come close to his enviable record of crash creativity (2nd photo). Lest we forget!  -- After Michael's admonition of good things to do into the wind (you know: take-offs, loops and landings), the indefatigable Ken Ross selflessly offered up his sagely advice on pilot fluid mechanics and things NOT to do into the wind!  As one might expect, this resonated hugely with the sophisticated audience in attendance, and provided a perfect segue into the next presentation on float flying!

Ken Rawlins followed with an exciting show-and-tell presentation of his magnificent "ambidextrous" amphib (3rd & 4th photos), a true inspiration to scratch builders everywhere (5th and 6th photos).  Beautiful piece of work Ken!  We're all looking forward to seeing it fly.

Cheers!  Andy

Wingnutz

DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

eric

Great evening as usual. Not a lot of guys in attendance, but that didn't deter the usual hilarity. Looking forward to the next one.

Oscar

Very informative! I learnt a lot last night. The landing tips really help. Thank you Michael.

Skyking

Michael,
I really got a lot out of the presentation.
Some things I knew but there was a lot that will help me to be a better, safer pilot.
Thanx.
Actually, I can.

Frank v B

This is what happens when Andy's doctor prescribed him "nice" pills*.  I am sure they will wear off soon. :D

Fun evening.

Frank

* side effects include- temporary niceness, aggravated smiling.  If it lasts more than 4 hours Andy was told to see his doctor immediately. ;)
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on November 12, 2015, 09:35:36 PM
This is what happens when Andy's doctor prescribed him "nice" pills*.  I am sure they will wear off soon. :D

Fun evening.

Frank

* side effects include- temporary niceness, aggravated smiling.  If it lasts more than 4 hours Andy was told to see his doctor immediately. ;)

Eeeewww!  I must have OD'd. I think if I chew on this lemon and take a swig of vinegar I'll be myself again....brrr...yabadaba yabadaba... :o There!...  That's much better.  OK.. Got my camera.... now, where's Frank?!!  ;D   Snowballs

Frank v B

"if I chew on this lemon and take a swig of vinegar I'll be myself again..."

I am sure it won't take a whole lemon grove and a tanker truck of vinegar for Andy to feel himself again. :)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"