2015-63 TEMAC Tickler, Build Class & Christmas Party

Started by sihinch, November 29, 2015, 08:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

The turn out at the last build class was fabulous.  18 Members attended, and after chat and laughter in the restaurant, we got down to the business of building.  Frank and Robert both demonstrated skills and techniques, and then the building spread.  There was great progress from lots of "students" including 2 kits from Mountain Models being built by Ash and Malcolm.  Roger's Spitfire also came in, for a nose job!

Don't forget the AGM & Christmas Party on Wednesday 9th December.  As usual we'll be at Colonel Mustards, from 6:30pm.  We'll have lots of the fun TEMAC traditions, like the slideshow and entertainment from Maynard Hill (with a twist!) and some new ideas.  Stay tuned for more clues and updates.....

Cheers,
Simon

Gil.E

I was curious to see the photo of Rogers's spitfire. A similar incident occurred on my Spitfire (per attached photo) last spring. Until I saw this tickler photo, I was convinced my piloting skills were to blame but after seeing the exact same damage on the exact same plane, it's clearly a design problem with the Hobbyking Durafly Spitfire Mk24 model, whereby the entire nose section seem to detach itself from the fuselage in midair... clearly these mini-Merlins engines have quite a pull...
"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.