2016 Kingston Electric Fun Fly

Started by Michael, January 07, 2016, 09:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

My wife is trying to make plans for this summer, and I need to let her know when I am busy.

Does anyone know the dates of the upcoming Kingston Electric Funfly (Please don't respond when it usually takes place; I need to know the precise dates)?

Can anyone forward to me Martin Irvine's email address?
Michael

the giant

Kingston is always the weekend after Father's day.  That places it on June 25-26.  It is nice that it doesn't land on the holiday weekend (depending on one's personal perspective - many fliers end up with other family obligations on the long weekend).  You get what i'm saying ???
Hope to see you there.  And I hope Martin has the same dates as i have in mind.

fliegerfunker

I'm a little late to the party, but yes - June 25th and 26th will be our 21st Annual Electric Fun Fly.

Martin
If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.

piker

I REALLY hope I can make it this year!  I intend to!   :)

Tom M.

Can anyone recommend a motel ?(a pool would be nice for my daughter.) Look forward to seeing you guys there.  ;)
  Tom

Michael

Some stay here (the closest to the highway and the flying field), but there is no pool, and no close-by restaurants.

http://www.wiltonroad.com/

There are a few motels about 10 minutes closer to town, with pools and restaurants close by.

Michael

piker

Hey Tom,

We've stayed here before and it's very nice, with an indoor pool and even a water slide.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ygkcy-courtyard-kingston-highway-401-division-street/

Of course it'll be more expensive than the "Wilton Hilton", but if your family is coming, you may want to upgrade a bit anyway   ;D

It'll be great to have you at the Kingston Electric Fun Fly this year!

Tom M.

I made the same enquiry on RC Canada and got 2 votes for the Ambassador. It looks fine and is only 10 km from the field, so I'm going to book there. You guys should too!
  What are you bringing Rob? And do you plan to go Michael?
Tom

Michael

Michael

piker

I'm not sure, yet, Tom.  I'm low on planes these days.

For sure the SE5a, and hopefully a new Mew Gull and maybe even the Sea Fury I got from Andre a couple of years ago.  And I'll toss a couple seaplane in the trailer in case we go float flying.

How about you?

Tom M.

I'm not sure either, Rob. A Venom EDF, an H9 Corsair, a TF P-47, the B-17, a Flyzone Beaver and a Cularis motor glider are the choices, but my little car will only hold 2 or 3, depending.
  Tom
Almost forgot the trusty Tigermoth.  :)

octagon

Who is going to Kingston. I have permission to go! (well for one day anyway)
What could possibly go wrong?

piker

I know Michael and I are going, and it sounds like Tom is too.  I also know that Colin plans to go.  At least he keeps talking about the need for a test flight before Kingston   ;D

Simon had a great time last year and assured us he'd try to attend again this year  :)

And Greg H is a regular there too...

Oh, and I'm sure we'll see Andre Wedseltoft (Andre...the Giant) there as well, as he's a regular.

Who else????  It's always a fun "guys and planes" weekend away.

Tom M.

I've reduced my somewhat grandiose (and expensive) plan of staying 2 nights so we'll be driving up Sat. morning, staying at the Ambassador. Hoping for good weather, and it'll be great to see you guys.
  Tom

wollins

Quote from: piker on June 14, 2016, 10:08:36 AM
I also know that Colin plans to go.  At least he keeps talking about the need for a test flight before Kingston   ;D /quote]

Yeah I'll be there. (regardless of the test flight happening or not. ;))

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!