MAAC Owner Contact Information on Model Aircraft over 250g?

Started by Oscar, November 07, 2018, 05:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

Hello,

I read an article earlier that stated

https://secure.maac.ca/get_document.php?document_id=396

... members apply an owner's identification tag/label; or a copy of the member's electronic membership card; or a copy of the members MAAC card to their model aircraft containing the members contact identification listed below:
a. Members MAAC number (required);
b. MAAC, website address (required);
c. MAAC office phone number "or" members home/cell phone number (required); and
d. Members name (optional).

Is it mandatory now?  And does it mean we have to do it in order to fly in TEMAC field? 

mawz

Yes, this is mandatory on all aircraft over 250g (under 250g are not regulated).

This is part of an agreement between MAAC and Transport Canada.

The minimum requirement is the MAAC Membership number and either MAAC's contact info (Website + office phone) or the member's (Name, + contact phone). You do not need to put MAAC's website info if you are using your contact info (as per Roy Rymer, ZD-E)

Candu

MAAC's MPPD document states that it's "pending amendments" proposed by Transport Canada but I feel it will be a requirement sooner or later.

The MPPD is quite clear on what is required but I feel what's lacking in the MPPD is MAAC's policy relating to how, what, to whom membership data are to be released. Would MAAC be releasing membership information to requests from anybody off the street asking for it or would MAAC be releasing information only to authorities (police,Transport Canada, etc.)? What membership information would be released (address, phone number, etc.)?