Canadair CL-215 Waterbomber - scratch build

Started by Michael, February 14, 2016, 10:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Looks great!  The water runway, whichever one we choose, is ready!

Michael

A bit more progress.

Michael

Michael

Tail glued on; will need some extra support.
Radio installation done, and adjustments in progress.
Balances well without additional weight.
Total weight, without propellers is 66½ ounces; more than I hoped for, but not too bad for a 6-foot wingspan model.

I will test for power, and should have the model finished this weekend.

More detailing will follow a maiden flight.
Michael

piker

Michael

OK, I'm done.

3-blade 9/7 props are installed, and they look nice.

My amp-meter doesn't work, but there seems to be enough power to scoot and turn on a carpet. If anyone can bring an amp-meter to the next meeting (I use Sermos connectors), maybe I can measure the power draw there.

I'm leaving detailing for later, but I did simple marker lines around the front windows, and they make a big difference.

I put carbon fiber supports under each side of the stabilizer, and I covered the servos at the top of the wing.

Now I have to clean up for my next project.

Michael

the giant

Amazing what you can do with foam board.  I can't wait to see it fly.  I hope you post a video of the maiden.

Oscar

Beautiful!  I look forward to your maiden flight.  :D

wollins

Another classic "RogoFoamie"! Way to go Mike, looks great!

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Michael

If the weather is decent (not too cold, and nit too windy), I'm considering going to TEMAC at about 6 pm to maiden this model.

Does any care to help out (video with my iphone), as well as fly for a bit?

Michael

Oscar

Sorry, I just saw your post.  How was the maiden flight?   

Michael

Oops, I meant to say this:

If the weather is decent (not too cold, and not too windy) this coming Wednesday, I'm considering going to TEMAC at about 6 pm to maiden this model.

Does any care to help out (video with my iphone), as well as fly for a bit?
Michael

piker

I know you were working this weekend, but the water runway behind my house was spectacular yesterday, and would have been great for a test flight.  I flew in the morning, then again after sunset, showing off the lighting system on the Beaver.  What a beautiful day!   ;D

Michael

Would you like to take my plane home and maiden it for me?
Michael

piker

Sure!!!  But you may not get it back... assuming it flies as good as I suspect it will    ;D

the giant

I might have to make the trip down to your place for a day on the water when the Widgeon is done.  I have the wings nearly sheeted.  I'll be starting on the ailerons and flaps later this week.  Then it is on to the nacells.